PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Detailers

animescreen
05-21-2010, 01:02 AM
So i live in seattle and late fall through spring.. is usually still raining and dark...and i seem to get into cars and detailing in summer then hibernate around fall through spring.. And I'm wondering if anyone in seattle details all year around? I know that's the way to go to preserve your car... but the rain and darkness really doesn't motivate me... now in the summer it's really nice here not humid and get's me really in the mood and enjoy it.. but when darkness and rain falls I tend to lose that spark... but I want to force myself because i want to keep my car in great condition.. What's also a bummer is that I would be washing my car and even dry it thoroughly... then 3o minutes later it rains.... so now i don't dry my car and only when i know certain its not gonna rain... I guess i know why california folks are really into detailing etc.. because weather over there is usually sunny..
Hey at least the darkness will hide the swirl marks easier :props:

Superdutytd
05-21-2010, 02:23 AM
I detail all year round, I especially Wash/clean the undercarriage when I go to the mountain. You should still be drying your car because the water coming out of your hose isn't the same as the stuff that falls outta the sky.

animescreen
05-21-2010, 03:09 AM
I detail all year round, I especially Wash/clean the undercarriage when I go to the mountain. You should still be drying your car because the water coming out of your hose isn't the same as the stuff that falls outta the sky.

really how different is rain and hose? and if i don't dry the car what is difference the water leaves behind from hose to the rain? basically is there damage caused by mineral deposits from the hose?

i remember seeing a video at autogeek about properly drying the car and i saw they they went into great detail ... can i just take much of the water off with squeegee then towel dry it but not so detailed as it taks quite long and still be doing right?

detailjohn
05-21-2010, 08:45 PM
We manage to stay busy year round here in Seattle. Interior details get more popular in the winter, and exterior in spring and summer though.

John

Superdutytd
05-22-2010, 01:23 AM
really how different is rain and hose? and if i don't dry the car what is difference the water leaves behind from hose to the rain? basically is there damage caused by mineral deposits from the hose?

i remember seeing a video at autogeek about properly drying the car and i saw they they went into great detail ... can i just take much of the water off with squeegee then towel dry it but not so detailed as it taks quite long and still be doing right?

A lot of times your hose water will have a lot of minerals in it which can lead to spotting, now if you wash and then it starts to torrential downpour then it will rinse all the 'harder' water off. I use a DS to dry to add a bit more pop to the paint so I always wipe it down.