PDA

View Full Version : Maybe have a Classified section?

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-20-2010, 09:26 PM
I was just wondering...would it be possible to add a 'Classified' Section to the forum...for those of us who have extra product of stuff we dont use or those of us who are looking for a deal from someone whos selling something used that they want to get rid of.

I dont know if this is against any forum rules that I dont know of...but it was just an idea...:dblthumb2:

welcome2thedawn
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
that would be a great idea...i would love to be able to buy a partial bottle of something that i'm curious about...or get rid of something that i may not like

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-20-2010, 09:45 PM
that would be a great idea...i would love to be able to buy a partial bottle of something that i'm curious about...or get rid of something that i may not like

Ya thats what I thought...I was hoping maybe they could add one...have a WTB (want to buy) and a FS (for sale) section...

Dubbin1
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Its not gonna happen but there is a trade section
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/car-care-product-giveaways/7765-samples-original-post-updated-35.html#post318305

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-21-2010, 04:30 AM
Its not gonna happen but there is a trade section
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/car-care-product-giveaways/7765-samples-original-post-updated-35.html#post318305

Well nice to see a trade section at least...but man thats SO hard to keep track and sort thru whats available. A section where each person can have their own thread of what they want/what they are getting rid of would be much cleaner of a set up I would think...even if it is still in 'trade' ...am I the only one who thinks this?

Wax Gorilla
05-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Put it up on EBAY and post a link here !

ScottB
05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
We made a decision before the forum was started NOT to have a for-sale section. Often times miscommunication can create anamosity to others (as well as linch mobs) and bring the owners of the forum in to resolve. So NO RESALES are allowed, and it should indeed be included in Terms/Conditions. (see FAQ section as desired)

Ebay and other detailing sites are an option, but no linking either as your competing with the site and products offered at PBMA.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-21-2010, 11:58 AM
We made a decision before the forum was started NOT to have a for-sale section. Often times miscommunication can create anamosity to others (as well as linch mobs) and bring the owners of the forum in to resolve. So NO RESALES are allowed, and it should indeed be included in Terms/Conditions. (see FAQ section as desired)

Ebay and other detailing sites are an option, but no linking either as your competing with the site and products offered at PBMA.

Thought you might say something like that, but figured I'd throw the idea out there....I've bought things from forum posts for sale with no trouble before...I think MOST of us on here are on the up n' up and wouldn't try to cheat anyone...but I do understand the whole lynch mob concern lol. So you say no resales are allowed, but the trading portion of the site is ok?

ScottB
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Samples are approved, even being send/traded between members. As for trading, if its not to often and really doesnt look out of control we have taken a cool stance. Problem is, sometimes offers get made for $$ thru PM's and if found/caught will likely become the end of the trading or that members priveledges.

ie. dont list for trade, and then offer for sale behind the scenes (No-No)

So tread lightly ... and have fun. Its really about "how to's" and allowing a forum to help those using/buying/recommending products issued thru PBMA (Autogeek, Pinnacle, DP, Wolfgang, Diamonite)

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Samples are approved, even being send/traded between members. As for trading, if its not to often and really doesnt look out of control we have taken a cool stance. Problem is, sometimes offers get made for $$ thru PM's and if found/caught will likely become the end of the trading or that members priveledges.

ie. dont list for trade, and then offer for sale behind the scenes (No-No)

So tread lightly ... and have fun. Its really about "how to's" and allowing a forum to help those using/buying/recommending products issued thru PBMA (Autogeek, Pinnacle, DP, Wolfgang, Diamonite)

Oh ok gotcha...thanks for the explination:props: