PDA

View Full Version : Should i repaint from body shop?

animescreen
05-20-2010, 02:53 PM
So awhile back I was involved in a little fender bender and my hood and fender were fixed and painted. When looking at the paint job from few feet away I see it looks nice and blends in well... But getting into auto detailing I see that there is some unified areas and slight streaks that can be seen from various angles from the sun. I know most car owners will just be happy with the job that it looks good and can't see a difference but what would you do as an auto detailer if the paint job was not noticable unless you see that there are streaks in certain lighting or blending problems... and the body shop offered a lifetime warranty on paint? Would you take it back and asked them to do it all over again? I'm visualizing that they will think i'm completely crazy http://www.fmvperformance.com/forum_items/Smileys/default/icon_lol.gif
Or ss it normal for 1 or 2 streaks or blemishes to show after body work is done... Then I'll just live with.....

When body shops offer lifetime warranty what's that usually covered?

Mike Phillips
05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Chances are good that the body shop hedges their bets that most people don't know a good job from a hack job... kind of like most people don't know The difference between a swirl and squirrel (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/23142-difference-between-swirl-squirrel.html) :laughing:

Take it back and ask them about it? Find out what time of day and weather conditions show the streaks best...

Are you sure it's just not a case of the paint needing a quality polishing job?

Most shops hand glaze the paint before you pick it up, maybe a "good" quality paint polishing job and then a coat of wax would even out the appearance?

:)

guess23959
05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
i hear ya loud and clear. i have a black grand prix and the dumbass did my paint in his back yard, trying to tell me that the paint code under my trunk was wrong. but i know the paint was mixed incorrectly because the whole car looks like ####. and he got clear on my rear bumpers the sides and the windows and missed spots where the primer shows, theres dimples in the paint, and pinholes and it just sucks. im pretty much trapped with mine because i found out, to melt everything off the car, and put new black on, it would cost me $5,000. so im just gonna keep mine the way it is even though it hurts.