PDA

View Full Version : Product Review : edge Shmitt wash mit

articsilber323
10-31-2006, 07:24 PM
About a week ago I received my package from autogeek.

Opened it up and found my new edge shmitt was mitt

I removed the mitt from the packaging and I noticed how soft the foam was.

I quickly went outside and filled up my foam gun and a bucket of water.

I let the shmitt soak in the bucket of water for about a minute while I prepare the foam gun

I put my hand inside the shmitt and I noticed how it stays on your hand so well, a major problem with my sheepskin mitts they were constantly filling up with water and falling off my hand.

After foaming my car with foam

I started with the top of the car and I noticed how well the shmitt holds water. For all of you people that use the two bucket method you will understand that 60% of your wash solution was wasted by trying to get the wash mitt to the car. The shmitt holds the water very well and one squeeze of the mitt and you have suds!!!!!

The greatest thing about the shmitt is how it takes the dirt off the car, holds the dirt into the foam so it is not touching the surface, and how easily it sheds the dirt when dipped into the bucket of water and is completely clean after taking it out of the wash water.

Justin can back me up how great this product is. With my sheepskin mitts I had to replace every month. I have read Justin’s posts how he is used his shmitt 100+ times and it’s still going strong.

Thanks for reading

-z

bluzman
10-31-2006, 07:38 PM
I second this review on the schmitt!! I love mine too.

sparkie
10-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Great write up! Awesome review! Everybody talking about how good this mitt is. I want one!!!!! I want one!!!!! Waiting on a sale!:D

ryandamartini
10-31-2006, 08:03 PM
im with sparkie! next discount, i will own lots of schmitt! :D

XterraOverload
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
WHAT Saprkiehttp://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6389/jawdrop7rg.gif
you don't have a shmitt yet!!!!!!!!!! For shame!!!

supercharged
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
I really like my shmitt as a detailing tool. It's durable, holds a lot of wash solution, and inexpensive.
But I still like to baby my car with sheepskin mitt. I guess it's just a nostalgic feeling, using a soft sheepskin, just like nostalgic is chamois (http://autogeek.net/pitdryscham.html).
Maybe it's just me.

justin_murphy
10-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Awesome and detailed.......the write up that is!
You will enjoy this ShMitt for awhile.

MikeyC
10-31-2006, 10:48 PM
I really like my ShMitt as well. I washed my car with it today in fact. Mine doesn't have 100 washes under its belt like Justin's, but it's gotten a few uses and is still going strong.

hwyking
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
dang it, I'll have to add this to my shopping cart :)

justin_murphy
11-01-2006, 06:30 PM
I really like my ShMitt as well. I washed my car with it today in fact. Mine doesn't have 100 washes under its belt like Justin's, but it's gotten a few uses and is still going strong.

112 as of today!
I can't throw it away! I'm stopping at 150 though.

MikeyC
11-01-2006, 06:32 PM
112 as of today!
I can't throw it away! I'm stopping at 150 though.

I think you should keep using it until it crumbles into dust. :awesome:

Russecu
11-01-2006, 06:45 PM
Got mine today:righton: and i can't wait to use it. Got it and the wheel mitt too.