PDA

View Full Version : What brands are these two pads?

Pages : [1] 2

Chatelaine
05-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Alright I need to order more pads but I need to make sure they're the right ones.

What are the ones on the right? They seem to work the best with the Flex while the ones on the left tend to just get destroyed :(

Thanks guys!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/th_pads_002.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/?action=view&current=pads_002.jpg)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/th_pads_001.jpg (http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y169/straight6turbo/?action=view&current=pads_001.jpg)

AeroCleanse
05-19-2010, 07:31 PM
They look like Lake Country CCS pads

rohnramirez
05-19-2010, 08:13 PM
They actually both look like the LC CCS pads. The one on the left is a white which is far less dense and coarse than the orange, the one on the right.

Chatelaine
05-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Do you know if they recently changed the backing? Notice how the one on the right has a smaller velcro backing? I ordered the LC CCS pads and got the ones of the left.

Chatelaine
05-19-2010, 08:16 PM
They actually both look like the LC CCS pads. The one on the left is a white which is far less dense and coarse than the orange, the one on the right.

Ya it's not the density I'm worried about, I have both kinds in all densities. The difference between both sets being the velcro backing.

Harleyguy
05-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Ya it's not the density I'm worried about, I have both kinds in all densities. The difference between both sets being the Velcro backing.Eric from LC is always changing the Velcro backing size from what i see.I believe they change it to compare how old and new designs work.

Chatelaine
05-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Hmmm well if I can't get those old ones anymore that's very upsetting :(

Thanks for the help though!

rohnramirez
05-19-2010, 08:43 PM
I recently order some. The velcro backing on mine is similar to the orange one. It doesn't go all the way towards the edge.

What i meant by density is that the less dens it is, the more prone it is to deteriorate. :)

Dubbin1
05-19-2010, 09:52 PM
What i meant by density is that the less dens it is, the more prone it is to deteriorate. :)

That doesn't have much to do with it when they are used and cleaned properly.

Chat, LC had problems with the backing coming apart on some of the pads, the different size backing may have something to do with a change they made. Thats just a guess of course.

Chatelaine
05-19-2010, 10:30 PM
That could be, but it seems the style that goes all the way to the edge is the kind that loses the backing. My old ones have never gaveway, yet out of my last order of 6 packs of the white polish pads I've already lost 3 of them due to the backing falling right off.

So now I'm at a lose as to what to order. I don't want to waste my money on pads that'll fall apart right away :(

rohnramirez
05-19-2010, 10:36 PM
That doesn't have much to do with it when they are used and cleaned properly.

Chat, LC had problems with the backing coming apart on some of the pads, the different size backing may have something to do with a change they made. Thats just a guess of course.

Yes it does. common sense will tell you why.

Dubbin1
05-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Yes it does. common sense will tell you why.

Other then insulting you like you just did me Ill just drop out of this conversation so the subject stays on topic.

Chatelaine you may contact me by PM if you have any questions to my answer.

rohnramirez
05-19-2010, 11:40 PM
i did not meant it to be an insult. i just didn't want to explain it, as i think it is common sense. Chill Dwayne. Read it from the time i posted why i think the density of the material has something to do with its durability down to the last post.

"DENSITY is a physical property of matter, as each element and compound has a unique density associated with it. Density defined in a qualitative manner as the measure of the relative "heaviness" of objects with a constant volume" taken from - Density (http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/120Adensity.html)

Technically speaking the more dense the more compact the foam is, the harder the foam becomes. The harder the foam the stronger it is. The stronger it is, the more resistant it is to tearing.

Which actually has less to do with cleaning the pad. If you use (applied pressure, panels used on, etc) and clean the pad the same way, the less dense pads will deteriorate faster.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Interesting. I've never seen a 5.5" CCS pad where the backing doesn't go to the outer edge. Must be an older design like Adam said, before my time polishing. lol

Chatelaine
05-20-2010, 12:34 AM
Both of these are actually 6.5". All my 5/5.5"s have Velcro all the way to the edges.

But I will double check when I get back in the office tomorrow.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem with the Velcro falling off?

The older ones are amazingly stuck on there lol

Suggestions on what pads to buy?