PDA

View Full Version : ONR is terrific

Mary Hogan
05-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Just tried the Optimum No Rinse for the first time. I was very impressed with only having to use a couple gallons of water. I was even more pleased with the results. It helped that the car I used it on was just detailed a few days ago but the recent rain storm that blew threw messed up the nice detail job. I noted there were no water marks left behind on the paint or glass. I learned that ONR can also be diluted and used as a clay lube or quick detailer. You get your money's worth with this product. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/props.gif

Jenn1270
05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Just tried the Optimum No Rinse for the first time. I was very impressed with only having to use a couple gallons of water. I was even more pleased with the results. It helped that the car I used it on was just detailed a few days ago but the recent rain storm that blew threw messed up the nice detail job. I noted there were no water marks left behind on the paint or glass. I learned that ONR can also be diluted and used as a clay lube or quick detailer. You get your money's worth with this product. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/smilies/props.gif

I agree Mary. Another question for the group.
Do you

ONR, Dry,Clay,ONR again, dry

Or do you
ONR, Clay while still wet, then ONR again, dry

Jenn

Rsurfer
05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree Mary. Another question for the group.
Do you

ONR, Dry,Clay,ONR again, dry

Or do you
ONR, Clay while still wet, then ONR again, dry

JennJenn, I do the first system only because if you clay while still wet, there could be particles still left on the paint. You would be grinding the dirt back into the paint. Alway's start with a clean surface before claying.:xyxthumbs:

Jenn1270
05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Jenn, I do the first system only because if you clay while still wet, there could be particles still left on the paint. You would be grinding the dirt back into the paint. Alway's start with a clean surface before claying.:xyxthumbs:

I guess you can just throw your clay in the wash bucket between panels....I like to do it a panel at a time....seems easier that way.

Jenn

Misterpaul
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM

:iagree:

WORD! I ONR'd my baby Friday afternoon, so of course Monday comes and it rains ALL DAY LONG! This morning we had garage time together; another ONR wash and she looks as good as she always does. As usual, no streaking, smearing or scratching, just good old fashioned clean! Plus I love the feel of the paint when I get done. I have one more 32 oz. bottle of the old formula to go, then it's time to buy the 1 gallon jug of the new formula. My first 32 oz bottle lasted from 12-9-09 to today. In warmer weather I keep a bottle mixed at detail spray strength for bird bombs in my trunk. I also use it as a clay lube. To me it is indispensable. :xyxthumbs:

cobalt9123
05-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear this, I have some on the way!

CEE DOG
05-20-2010, 07:26 AM
It's great stuff for sure! Here is my first experience with it as a rinsless wash...http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/25616-review-optimum-no-rinse.html

Mary Hogan
05-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Jenn,
I wash and dry first, then clay, then wash again. On another note, I have had problems holding onto the clay. I've dropped the clay a couple times and had to throw it away.

corolla619
05-23-2010, 10:20 PM
what should onr be dilluted to for making it a quick detail spray?

and what are your impressions using it as a qd'er?

Shane731
05-23-2010, 10:27 PM
what should onr be dilluted to for making it a quick detail spray?

and what are your impressions using it as a qd'er?

Haven't used it as a QD.

According to my gallon jug of ONR, the ratios are:

1 oz. for 2 gallons of water (for washing)
2 oz. per gallon of water (for a clay lube)
8 oz. per gallon of water (for a quick detailer)