PDA

View Full Version : Little Green Machine Chemiclals/Formulas?

LichtS
05-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Hey guys,

I have been using the Bissel Formula with the LGM because I had so much of it. However, is anyone using a chemical guys product or something else as a diluted stain extraction formula in the LGM?

Thanks,

Steve

Streetlife
05-19-2010, 08:57 AM
When i was using the LGCM I added 1 oz of Downy fabric softener to the solution tank , after you have added the water to the solution tank. Try it, it worked for me. As a pre-cleaner for carpets and mats i used PB bio APC Poorboy’s Bio-Degradable All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser: bleach-free, all purpose cleaner for most interior and exterior surfaces. (http://www.autogeek.net/pbapc32.html). :dblthumb2:

TLMitchell
05-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,

I have been using the Bissel Formula with the LGM because I had so much of it. However, is anyone using a chemical guys product or something else as a diluted stain extraction formula in the LGM?

Thanks,

Steve

After using the Bissell product for a while and finding the sprayer a bit unsatisfactory. especially in tighter spaces, I started using a variety of chemicals and dilutions out of a spray bottle and used the LGM for extraction-only. This not only worked better allowing me a choice of tools for spot stains or wider areas, it also simplified cleanup and prevents buildup and potential clogging of the LGM's sprayer. Now I generally only fill the tank with hot water for rinse and extraction purposes.

I use APC+ at 10:1 for everyday cleaning, 4:1 for stouter cleaning and Folex for spot stains or the really challenging stuff. Around the home I've had satisfactory results with OTC foaming traffic lane cleaners.

TL

Indy YZF
05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
I moved to the same thing, found APC and Folex worked better overall and the LGM used just to spray and extract after that. It has worked pretty good so far, plus APC and folex are cheaper than the Bissell product.