PDA

View Full Version : Too Similar?

JonM
05-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Are SIP and Power Finish too close in cut. I see there is a difference of .3, would this be noticeable? I have Power Finish on order, but I want a stronger Menzerna polish. Would it be worth buying SIP as well?

JonM
05-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Would I be better off just picking up Power Gloss instead?

Rsurfer
05-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Would I be better off just picking up Power Gloss instead?I see by your avatar that you have the Meg's combo. Why not just use 105 on those tough jobs? But to answer your question, yes SIP and Power Gloss is close in cut and Power Gloss is the work horse in the Menz's line up.

JonM
05-19-2010, 01:23 AM
I see by your avatar that you have the Meg's combo. Why not just use 105 on those tough jobs? But to answer your question, yes SIP and Power Gloss is close in cut and Power Gloss is the work horse in the Menz's line up.

I'm not crazy about the work time of 105, though I haven't tried misting water when it starts to dry out. Plus, I'd like to have other options...So you think just pick up Power Gloss?

HighEndDetail
05-19-2010, 06:32 AM
The power finish is nice. I picked some up after last years DTF. Power finish works great, but to me dust like crazy.
With the 105, try misting the pad, or panel for more work time.

ScottB
05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
SIP is likely not all that much different in cut, but I believe uses a different abrasive (ceramiclear tech). Powergloss would certainly be their compound and the next formal step up IMO.

JonM
05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
SIP is likely not all that much different in cut, but I believe uses a different abrasive (ceramiclear tech). Powergloss would certainly be their compound and the next formal step up IMO.

Thanks for the info everyone!