PDA

View Full Version : Lovebug Hell

Pages : [1] 2

termigator
05-18-2010, 06:06 PM
Well, they've finally reappeared and they seem to have reappeared with a vengeance.

This was just on a trip from Orlando to Sebastian Inlet (2 hour drive on I-95 and then A1A) and back. It was really think on A1A. Guess they liked the ocean breeze. Believe me, it's a lot worse than what you can see in the picture!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/IMG_4317.jpg

In some areas, it was so thick, I could see hundreds of lovebugs flying toward my windshield before hitting it. Hope they do their thing and die off quickly!

cobalt9123
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
I hate driving in South GA/Florida during this time of year, it irks me to see so many bugs on my paint!

rohnramirez
05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
That would be a PITA to clean up.

pokey
05-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Yuck. Wisconsin isn't much better especially when the farmers get their "fertilizer" down. Pinnacle bug sponge becomes my summer friend now.

termigator
05-18-2010, 08:41 PM
That would be a PITA to clean up.

I first tried Poorboy's Bug Squash (3:1) and then used a pressure washer. It didn't do much. I then tried Surf City's Road Trip Grime Destroyer. It worked much better. I got almost all of it off with the pressure washer afterwards. I probably should have followed the instructions on the Grime Destroyer and do a light scrub before washing, but I was just being lazy.

pokey
05-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Check out Meghan's love bug post from last year. I think her combo was amazing roll off and the pinnacle sponge. She had impressive results.

ScottB
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Do yourself a favor and get some Bug Squash (Poorboys) or Einszett Insekt Cleaner. You gotta get those critters and THEIR guts off the finish ASAP.

termigator
05-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Do yourself a favor and get some Bug Squash (Poorboys) or Einszett Insekt Cleaner. You gotta get those critters and THEIR guts off the finish ASAP.

It's already done, but Bug Squash did nothing to it, whereas Surf City's Grime Destroyer worked very well. To be fair, though, the Bug Squash I was using was diluted 3 to 1. I'll be sure to go full strength next time. I'm sure that will make a difference.:xyxthumbs:

ScottB
05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
I use all three full-strength ...

sullysdetailing
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
You my friend need Poorboys Bug Squash. I love this stuff. Since FL is now in bug season, the bug squash with pinnacle bug sponge does an excellent job removing all the bugs from the car. This a must for all of us that live in the south

Racin10s
05-19-2010, 09:49 AM
I hate driving in South GA/Florida during this time of year, it irks me to see so many bugs on my paint!

Try living up north... When you have to clean snow and frost off your car... So sorry, you get no sympathy here. lmao :D

kb2ehj
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
It's already done, but Bug Squash did nothing to it, whereas Surf City's Grime Destroyer worked very well. To be fair, though, the Bug Squash I was using was diluted 3 to 1. I'll be sure to go full strength next time. I'm sure that will make a difference.:xyxthumbs:

Did you let it set for 45sec to a minute (minimum)?

I haven't meant a bug it couldn't remove. Now saying that, some of the super baked on ones have taken an extra squirt of the sauce.

Mark

termigator
05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I waited the requisite amount of time. I'm going full strength next time.

Bobby B.
05-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, they've finally reappeared and they seem to have reappeared with a vengeance.

This was just on a trip from Orlando to Sebastian Inlet (2 hour drive on I-95 and then A1A) and back. It was really think on A1A. Guess they liked the ocean breeze. Believe me, it's a lot worse than what you can see in the picture!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/IMG_4317.jpg

In some areas, it was so thick, I could see hundreds of lovebugs flying toward my windshield before hitting it. Hope they do their thing and die off quickly!

:iagree:

I drove up to Orlando on Sunday and my truck was covered in Lovebugs. I brought a bottle of the DP Waterless Auto Wash with me to quickly remove most of the bugs off of the paint surface before they get baked on by the sun & heat. Once I got back home I used the 1Z Einszett Anti-Insekt Pre Cleaner on th front end of my truck with the Pinnacle Safe Scrub Bug & Tar Pad and all of the bugs came off fast and easy.

Im the MAN

Dubbin1
05-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Do yourself a favor and get some Bug Squash (Poorboys)

I'm not too sure I would trust that after seeing temigator's 6 week review of DP Poli-Seal. Seems like it removed the sealant from his mirror even though PB claims it wont.