PDA

View Full Version : Power Lock durability

Xcessiv
05-18-2010, 07:48 AM
Hey fellow detailers,

I know that this question has been asked over and over, but I wasn't able to find a clear answer to this.

Since Power Lock was released 3 months ago (http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/autolink.php?id=21&forumid=38&script=showthread), has anybody observed a lack of durability?

Thanks,
Yan

jmp09fg2
05-18-2010, 08:11 AM
No. I used it on my mom's Jetta so I could watch the durability. I put it on the week after it was released and it is still beading like the first rain. Not as slick as it was, but still looks good. If you are on the fence as far as buying it, get it. I have tried Wolfgang and Poorboy's EX-P and Powerlock. Powerlock is by far my favorite in application and removal.

keepitclean
05-18-2010, 08:52 AM
I've got it on a Nissan Altima, my son's daily driver. It was very easy to apply and remove and was/is super slick. I am still impressed abount a month into it, water beads well and rolls off during rain. Car is super easy to wash. I would buy it again, no problems.

ScottB
05-18-2010, 08:54 AM
No drop off in past six weeks, while it doesnt bead super small beads, it still seems to bead at same level which obviously is just one measurement. Stuff sure looks good and easy to apply/remove.

Xcessiv
05-18-2010, 09:10 AM
Great, purchased 32oz from AG. :props::props::props:

Xcessiv
06-02-2010, 05:50 AM
To the top.

jmp09fg2
06-02-2010, 06:45 AM
As far as beading, it is still going strong-ish. The horizontal surfaces are starting to show some wear and tear with larger beading sizes but the vertical surfaces still have small beads everywhere. My guess is this coat of Powerlock is wearing down and calling in the reinforcements. I am very pleased with it though seeing as the Jetta is a daily driver and sits outside 24/7.

Xcessiv
06-02-2010, 08:21 AM
As far as beading, it is still going strong-ish. The horizontal surfaces are starting to show some wear and tear with larger beading sizes but the vertical surfaces still have small beads everywhere. My guess is this coat of Powerlock is wearing down and calling in the reinforcements. I am very pleased with it though seeing as the Jetta is a daily driver and sits outside 24/7.
Thanks for the info. So the consensus is that the protection weakens on the horizontal surfaces after 3-3.5 months?

jmp09fg2
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Yes. But that is to be expected with any sealant or wax because those are the surfaces taking the brunt of mother nature the most. However, Powerlock is one of the most, if not the most, durable sealants I have used.

rjom
06-02-2010, 06:06 PM
I was hoping that it would maintain its slickness, but after only a couple of washes, the slickness is similar to other sealants I have used (not there). I can't comment on durability yet as it has only been a couple of weeks for me.

Xcessiv
07-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Any update? :props: