PDA

View Full Version : Layering Meguiars Gold Class?

green_fusion
10-31-2006, 11:51 AM
First time poster, long time browser, been reading these forums since last year. I ordered an 06 Fusion last Nov. and had it delivered to me in England (stationed here), and before it arrived I ordered all the goodies I needed from AG. I prepped it for winter with the klasse twins. I have 3 coats of SG on the car and I have some left over Meguiars Gold Class. I want to give the paint a little extra pop, if I use the gold class will it remove the Klasse, does it have polishing abilities in it? If so, I obviously don't want to use it. I just want something that I can layer over the Klasse, and since I have some left over gold class I thought I would use it if possible. If I can't use it I'll just order some carnuba wax from AG.

Grimm
10-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I'm pretty certain you can use it over the SG and layer it. But if it were me I would get something different. I've been using GC until recently and I was never that impressed with it, especially after getting some Nattys Blue and Collinite.

FloridaNative
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Welcome to our little family! :) I don't know if GC has any cleaners in it, but if it does then I wouldn't use it. The collinite will give you great durability and looks too. Natty's blue, MaxWax, Liquid Souveran and Signature Series II are also great waxes for looks. :) Are you serving in the U.S. military??

ScottB
10-31-2006, 05:38 PM
light cleaners in all Meg's retail products (except professional line) as such no real layering. It could also reduce the effective power of SG. I would look to a pure carnauba as possible.

green_fusion
11-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes I'm in the U.S. military, I'm stationed over here in the Air Force. Looks like I'll be ordering some poorboys natty blue. Now I have another excuse to buy something from AG. Thanks for all your input.

FloridaNative
11-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Yes I'm in the U.S. military, I'm stationed over here in the Air Force. Looks like I'll be ordering some poorboys natty blue. Now I have another excuse to buy something from AG. Thanks for all your input.

I have a military family too from all the branches. :) Thank you for your service. :) Natty's is a great wax! Enjoy it. :)

OCDetails
11-01-2006, 11:27 AM
light cleaners in all Meg's retail products (except professional line) as such no real layering. It could also reduce the effective power of SG. I would look to a pure carnauba as possible.

Yup. Gold Class is loaded with solvents, as are most liquid waxes. If you want to go with a carnauba over a sealant, then the best suggestion is to use a paste wax. Liquid waxes are almost universal in their inability to be layered. The solvent level needed to turn carnauba into liquid pretty much nukes the ability to layer it.