PDA

View Full Version : Is spot polishing worth it?

pokey
05-17-2010, 11:43 PM
So after inspecting my new ride after her second wash, I noticed some light swirls in a small area near the trunk, and some light marks on the trunk lid itself. It took a Brinkman to find them and I'm not sure if they were there on arrival or if it was something I did. I've been pretty careful with her two washes, and with any quick detailer.

So my question is, is it worth it after the next wash to bust out the Griots and correct the small imperfections, or am I being to anal. Should I wait until the end of the summer, and just polish the whole car at once? How crazy do you guys go after your own rides and what is your tolerance level for imperfections on your own ride? Just wondering if I'm being to crazy.

Ashok

cgibbs345
05-17-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm pretty anal too. I would want the car looking the best as it can for the summer months.

pokey
05-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Thanks, I guess my internal dilema is knowing that I remove paint with every polish. The trade of paint removal for perfection is what has me going nuts.

Dubbin1
05-18-2010, 12:12 AM
It would drive me nuts knowing I had swirls all summer long...

Chances are they were already there when you got it. If it were mine I would give it a once over.

pokey
05-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend:) The area is a small one, and the trunk is small as well. I'm thinking of just hitting those areas with XMT 360 on a hydrotech tangerine to see if that is enough. It is very light in nature, so I'm hoping that will be enough. Could also use Wolfgang's TSR for more punch, or finishing glaze only to see its effect. So many choices!!

You are right though, knowing the swirls are there will drive me nutz. Black cars are truly for the insane!!

rohnramirez
05-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend:) The area is a small one, and the trunk is small as well. I'm thinking of just hitting those areas with XMT 360 on a hydrotech tangerine to see if that is enough. It is very light in nature, so I'm hoping that will be enough. Could also use Wolfgang's TSR for more punch, or finishing glaze only to see its effect. So many choices!!

You are right though, knowing the swirls are there will drive me nutz. Black cars are truly for the insane!!

I agree! Keep yourself busy..lol :buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing: