PDA

View Full Version : New from Chicago

NCCAutoBody
05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Jerry and I'm on here to represent New City Coachworks Auto Body in Chicago, IL. We are a full service Auto Body and Detail shop that has been in business for over 40 years. I've just recently taken over the detailing aspects of the shop and look forward to learning some new techniques and improving my current ones by reading up on the forums.

Meghan
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
:welcome:

Mike Phillips
05-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Good to see you here, to be honest most of the posts that include a member's experience with buffing work done at a body shop is usually not the best... in fact it's usually a horror story.

Most the time the paint work is good, at least it's not the problem, the problem is whoever does the sanding and buffing.

I know there's plenty of legit reasons for this, I'm just sharing what most posts about the results from someone having their car painted and then buffed at a body shop are.

I'm a huge proponent of education and if fact started my career in this industry as a trainer that called mostly on body shops showing buys a system approach to wet-sanding, cutting and polishing.

So we're all glad to see you here!

:welcome:

WindyCity
05-17-2010, 08:31 PM
Hello to a fellow chicagoan! where u located at?

NCCAutoBody
05-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Hello to a fellow chicagoan! where u located at?

Our shop is located at 52nd and South Ashland Ave.

Big D
05-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Howdy from the south suburbs...have driven past your shop will have to stop in and say hey some time!

rohnramirez
05-19-2010, 08:55 PM
:welcome: I admire your thirst for improving your skills. :)