PDA

View Full Version : DP Wash & Gloss

BobbyG
05-17-2010, 06:19 AM
This past weekend I finally had an opportunity to use this product. My truck was in need of a wash so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try this stuff out. I read the instructions and they were simple enough but the exterior was pretty dirty so I gave it an initial wash with Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate #901. Duragloss #901 is a great car wash and does a nice job of floating dirt and debris off the surface and rinses nicely.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Z06%20Corvette/DPWG.jpg

I mixed DP Wash & Shine in a bucket then went over the entire truck. One thing I noticed was instead of beading the solution was now sheeting off the surface glass and all. To finish up I dried the entire surface using Cobra's Microfiber Towels and I've got to tell you I was impressed. If you haven't tried this product you owe it to yourself to give it a try.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Truck650.jpg

cobalt9123
05-17-2010, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the review! I'll definitely be picking some of this stuff up, I heard you can even use it as a pad conditioner :)

BobbyG
05-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the review! I'll definitely be picking some of this stuff up, I heard you can even use it as a pad conditioner :)

Pad conditioner, clay lubricant, detail spray....etc..

Dubbin1
05-17-2010, 11:30 AM
I picked some up when it was BOGO and love it.

cobalt9123
05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Pad conditioner, clay lubricant, detail spray....etc..

I'll have to pick some up. How does it compare to ONR? Have you used them both? Thanks for the info.

pokey
05-17-2010, 01:09 PM
I'll have to pick some up. How does it compare to ONR? Have you used them both? Thanks for the info.

I have both, and to be honest, its hard to tell the difference. They both do their job, but it is hard to say which one is safer. I can say I like the smell of the wash and gloss better than ONR :)

cobalt9123
05-17-2010, 08:48 PM
I have both, and to be honest, its hard to tell the difference. They both do their job, but it is hard to say which one is safer. I can say I like the smell of the wash and gloss better than ONR :)

So they're identical in price and performance..but the DP smells better? Awesome

BobbyG
05-18-2010, 06:14 AM

I haven't used ONR before but I really like this. Maybe when the gallon runs out I'll give it a try but for know I'm pretty much set with this.

Herzog
05-18-2010, 07:33 AM
I use the DP Wash & Gloss as my quick detailer. It works great and is very inexpensive as a QD dilution. Bubble gum smell is nice, too.