PDA

View Full Version : speed for collinite?

MONSTERMATT
10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
after i use the ssr#1 and pb ex sealant, im gonna go collinite 845 and and i wanna now what speed i should i should use it on the pc? and is it ok to use a gray pad with the collinite? also, since i just used the ssr#1 and pb ex last week, do i need to strip that or can i just re-wash with the foam gun and go to it? if i need to strip it how do i do that?

abrcrombe
10-31-2006, 12:40 AM
Speed = 3 or 4
Gray Pad = Ok (this is the proper pad right?) Finishing pad is what you want
You don't need to strip anything because a wax can go on top, and go ahead and wash with your foam gun.

MONSTERMATT
11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
UH-OH, i used the collinite on speed #1 with the blu pad. will the coating work ok?

Grimm
11-02-2006, 08:15 AM
It'll be fine. Complete coverage is really all that is important. I think the only difference between 1 and 3 is that at the higher speed it will better give a thin layer which makes it easier to buff afterwards.

ryandamartini
11-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Speed = 3 or 4
Gray Pad = Ok (this is the proper pad right?) Finishing pad is what you want
You don't need to strip anything because a wax can go on top, and go ahead and wash with your foam gun.

what he said.

FloridaNative
11-02-2006, 03:48 PM
It'll be fine. Complete coverage is really all that is important. I think the only difference between 1 and 3 is that at the higher speed it will better give a thin layer which makes it easier to buff afterwards.

:iagree: