PDA

View Full Version : Removing Klasse

CEE DOG
05-14-2010, 06:35 PM
I applied some Klasse today and I knew I should have freshened up on here before doing it. Well, I let it dry for too long and ended up removing it with a bit of Optimum ID and my towel. Has anybody done this and do you think it will affect the durability?

TroyScherer
05-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Are you talking about AIO or SG? The AIO should buffer until clear and wiped off before totally dry. With the SG the longer it sits the better. I usually put it on and let it set overnight and then buff it off. I have used some QD if I had a spot that didn't want to come off with a normal wipe. i haven't seen any durability issue because of doing this but I do let it cure overnight.

My sig. is K-AIO and SGx3

CEE DOG
05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Apologies. Thats SG

ScottB
05-14-2010, 10:34 PM
take my advice , its proven time and again on this finicky product.

Transfer some to a small spray bottle (travel size, hair spray). Mist one spritz per panel and spread with applicator or towel. Immediately turn towel and buff off. If you get a hard spot or having trouble removing, respritz and immediately buff off.

Otherwise its seems every couple days a spot appears in an area where you swore you buffed it off. I have never noticed any difference in durability doing it my way. Just still allow 12-24 hours between coats for curing.

CEE DOG
05-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks Scott, I had done my jambs with the K-SG before and basically let them dry just for about a minute. It was just the jambs so they didn't dry too long.

I knew I had read a method on here before. After I was all done I came in here and looked it up and saw your method. I just wasn't sure if I need to redo the car. I guess we'll see if the OID removed it or not. Thanks for the tips on application. Will definetly do it that way next time.

tortugazoom
05-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Spritz it with some water from a spray bottle and any excess will come right off. I let it sit overnight to cure before removing.

Shane731
05-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Klasse usa ,Klasse Application Guide, How to apply Klasse AIO, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, All-in-one, klasse all-in-one (http://www.autogeek.net/klasse-usa.html)

2kredbb6
05-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Walmart has these small spray bottles 2oz size.. This is what i use to apply the Klasse SG, half a bottle per car or 1oz as Klasse recommends

rohnramirez
05-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Doesn't the 1 or 2 oz spray clog up? Will also be trying the KAIO & SG soon as well.

2kredbb6
05-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Doesn't the 1 or 2 oz spray clog up? Will also be trying the KAIO & SG soon as well.

No they're more of a milky substance.

A4 1.8tqm
05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
If you don't do it killrs way it needs to be applied extremely thin and even. I like a MF covered foam applicator, a tiny spritz and spread spread spread till won't spread any more, Then leave it for several hours and remove with a tight weave MF like a Cobra Indigo.