PDA

View Full Version : Blower Reviews

pokey
05-14-2010, 01:45 PM
It may be how I'm phrasing the search function, but I haven't been able to find a discussion on the different blowers from Metro Vac (not vacums, but the stand alone blowers). I'm looking for guidance or experience from those who have used one of the four, specifically the performance difference between the AirForce and MB-3. The posted numbers don't really translate into real world experience well. I'm looking to dry an entire mid sized sedan. Hoping to order soon. Thanks.

markm
05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
There is actually a video showing how it works. It works pretty good for getting the water out of hidden spots. I dont use it to dry the entire car though. It has a lot of power and if you drop the hose it whips around. The blower moters run hot and the friction forcing all that air through the hose heats up. It uses a lot of power so you cant have a lot on the circuit you are running it on. I ran a dedicated outlet just for my detailing because I was tripping breakers.

Mark

autodromo
05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I have not used any of the ones from metro. how ever there was a post from detail fest where people could try the metro blaster sidekick, and A lot of liked it. haved you looked at using a leaf blower? I have one works great and you can pick one up for around $30

pokey
05-14-2010, 05:28 PM
I have not used any of the ones from metro. how ever there was a post from detail fest where people could try the metro blaster sidekick, and A lot of liked it. haved you looked at using a leaf blower? I have one works great and you can pick one up for around $30

I'm really worried about the whole "does it have enough power" issue. I guess it's the Tim Allen in me :)

The video is cool, but they don't say which model (same video shown for all four products I think).

Does a leaf blower do the trick for you like in the video?

CEE DOG
05-14-2010, 06:05 PM
I tested the big one at DF and it is pretty awesome. It blows warm air. More powerfull then a leaf blower and its dry clean filtered air. I haven't pulled the trigger but its sitting in my cart. If you get it it just takes a bit of practice to get it right to where you don't keep getting water back on the areas you already blew dry.

pokey
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
I tested the big one at DF and it is pretty awesome. It blows warm air. More powerfull then a leaf blower and its dry clean filtered air. I haven't pulled the trigger but its sitting in my cart. If you get it it just takes a bit of practice to get it right to where you don't keep getting water back on the areas you already blew dry.

Thanks. I really need to fly down next year for DF!!!!

It's in and out of my cart as I mull things over. I want one of them, just not sure which one. Was thinking of picking up a leaf blower to just experiment with this weekend (can always use it to blow out the garage etc.)

Wax Gorilla
05-24-2010, 05:18 AM
Am I missing something or is that last post from the TWILIGHT ZONE !

nightstalker 6
05-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Wth.

Wax Gorilla
05-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Im the MANGood it was removed !

CEE DOG
05-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I think I missed something :(

daveinsweethome
05-24-2010, 09:35 AM
mr anal here. i own the 4hp vac and now the 8hp blower. the difference is gigantic. with the small one used as a blower it was tedious. and the results were pretty good but nothing compared to the big boy. the air force blaster allows me to not even need a mf towel to finish. it blows a hotter air and more forcefully empties the crevices. only downside for me is the hose is a little long and does whip if it gets away. thank god it is plastic. it is expensive but should last forever and i highly recommed it.

Bunky
05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I played with the Metro Air Force 8 HP unit with Corey (CEE DOG). It was very nice. Corey and I are waiting for it to be BOGO so we can get one for nice price ("not in a million years").

CEE DOG
05-24-2010, 08:07 PM
I played with the Metro Air Force 8 HP unit with Corey (CEE DOG). It was very nice. Corey and I are waiting for it to be BOGO so we can get one for nice price ("not in a million years").

You got it Al! Maybe next week :)