PDA

View Full Version : Your Preferred wash mitt and drying towel for rinseless wash?

Pages : [1] 2

thatick
05-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Im about to try my first rinseless wash with ONR and i was wondering what specific mitt and towels you guys use for your rinseless washes?

Bunky
05-14-2010, 05:20 AM
I typically use the chenille dreadlock style mf mitts but I have used a Cobra 530 ( a fairly plush towel). I use the mitt like a wash pad and do not wear it during the wash process. As for towels, I use a two towel method: one to do the initial wipe to pick up the wash and then a second as a final wipe.

ScottB
05-14-2010, 06:31 AM
I too find a thick fluffy MF towel also works well in washing.

Tex
05-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Im about to try my first rinseless wash with ONR and i was wondering what specific mitt and towels you guys use for your rinseless washes?

Using the DP rinseless, I like the Cobra chenille mitt, followed by either the green drying towel or the "gold special purchase towel" I bought around Xmas. Both work well.

Slava
05-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Using the DP rinseless, I like the Cobra chenille mitt, followed by either the green drying towel or the "gold special purchase towel" I bought around Xmas. Both work well.

Cobra chenille mitts work great for me as well. For drying I like to use cobra waffle weave drying towels.

Wolf-Strong
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Grout sponge or a microfiber mitt :xyxthumbs:

thatick
05-14-2010, 04:42 PM
i gotta try a grout sponge, u get them at Lowes?

Racin10s
05-15-2010, 02:12 PM
i gotta try a grout sponge, u get them at Lowes?

yep or Home Depot.

DejaVu
05-15-2010, 02:47 PM
with a rinseless wash the mitt or sponge you use should be able to hold the dirt away from the paint of your car. I've been using a Carrand MF Max mitt and to dry I've been using a fluffy MF drying towel or a synthetic chamois. One thing I've learned is that while you can dry each panel right after you wash it, if you go to the next panel then come back there's not as much water left so you can get away with using 1 towel if you do that method. On hot days I've had the new version of ONR completely dry up before I even had a chance to use the towel and it didn't leave spots but I still went over it with a dampened drying towel.

BimmerFerret
05-15-2010, 02:57 PM
So do you use a grout sponge for washing or drying? Examples of using one? Forgive me is the question is a little silly, but I thought those would be unsafe for paint in any aspect.

cobalt9123
05-16-2010, 09:50 PM
So do you use a grout sponge for washing or drying? Examples of using one? Forgive me is the question is a little silly, but I thought those would be unsafe for paint in any aspect.

Washing. They're used for ONR because they're cheap (About $2-4 at Lowe's or Home Depot, and basically they are disposable. The media you use with a rinseless wash gets dirtier and therefore a lot of people don't want to use expensive mitts. They are widely used and I haven't seen anyone complain about them being unsafe...

Jenn1270
05-16-2010, 10:24 PM
I used a cobra bone today and really liked it.

Quick question. When using ONR to you buff with a waffle weave towel or can you just blow it off panel by panel. I have a cute little blower that would be perfect.

Jenn

pokey
05-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Washing. They're used for ONR because they're cheap (About $2-4 at Lowe's or Home Depot, and basically they are disposable. The media you use with a rinseless wash gets dirtier and therefore a lot of people don't want to use expensive mitts. They are widely used and I haven't seen anyone complain about them being unsafe...

Another vote for the GS. Hope Depot for me. It has become my favorite combo with ONR.

BimmerFerret
05-17-2010, 08:16 AM
Enough convincing for me... I'm going to grab some sponges before my next job!!

Thanks guys!!

A4 1.8tqm
05-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Enough convincing for me... I'm going to grab some sponges before my next job!!

Thanks guys!!

I think it is important to note that there is more than one style of grout sponge. At least at Home Depot, they have both stiff orange ones and soft yellow ones, go for the soft yellow.