PDA

View Full Version : Help with water spots.

Locutus
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I don't know what was in the water where the previous owner of my car lived, but DAMN. I have water spots everywhere, glass included. I have tried polishing the glass and paint with a LC CCS Orange, with MG 105/205, but I cant get rid of them all. Should I go over the car again using an yellow pad, or is there a different product I should use. I am a noob, this is only my second car to work on. The first being my wife's, but it is brand new, and needed no correction, just sealed and waxed.

Also, how can I tell if my clear would withstand a wet sanding? After doing the hood, man does it show orange peal...Ford factory paint FTL!

markm
05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
I don't know what was in the water where the previous owner of my car lived, but DAMN. I have water spots everywhere, glass included. I have tried polishing the glass and paint with a LC CCS Orange, with MG 105/205, but I cant get rid of them all. Should I go over the car again using an yellow pad, or is there a different product I should use. I am a noob, this is only my second car to work on. The first being my wife's, but it is brand new, and needed no correction, just sealed and waxed.

Also, how can I tell if my clear would withstand a wet sanding? After doing the hood, man does it show orange peal...Ford factory paint FTL!
I used white vinigar to remove the waterr spots from my truck. Soaked a rag and wiped it on and scrubbed till they were gone. You will need to correct the paint after. You need to clay too.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-13-2010, 07:52 PM

The clear on your Mustang is on the hard side. You are going to have to keep going over the paint with 105/orange pad. If you are using a rotary I would suggest a wool pad with 105. It is going to take you awhile and it isn't going to be easy.
I have a couple show and shines of Mustangs with water spots on here if you want to look at those for a reference of products.

jetcat
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi .... one thing I have used is Zaino PC Fusion ... it has worked well for most water spots. If the problem is really, really bad then I would go into a conventional rubbing compound and an orange pad .... but I try to be real careful. I use a Porter Cable 7424. I have used 3M "heavy cut" and it has worked well ..... also I have heard that Menzerna products work very well, although I have not tried them yet .....

hope this helps