PDA

View Full Version : Colli 845, cleaners, and layering

Xcessiv
05-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Hello,

I was wondering what was the best layering strategy with regards to Colli 845. I really like to get the best of each product, but I'm worried that 845 contains cleaners that would prevent me from doing so.

For example, would it be possible to layer:
-1x Klasse SG, waiting 24 hours
-1x Colli 845, waiting 24 hours
-1x Fuzion

Would 845 affect SG?

Or, for example:
- 2x Colli 845 w/ ~4 hours of curing time
- 1x M16

Would the second layer or 845 affect the first layer?

Since 845 isn't a real synthetic sealant, would topping it with a carnauba wax affect it?

Or if I should stick to 1 product and I'm losing my money/time?

akimel
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
It's a real question to what degree the solvents in 845 affect previously applied protectants. I don't think anybody knows the answer. Indeed, the whole question of "layering" is much debated. Some folks make it sound like one can actually build up a coat of protection, layer by layer. I am skeptical of such a claim, and the most recent experimental evidence, published over at Detailing World, supports the opposite belief. Instead of thinking "layering," think of the second coat as providing uniform coverage.

I do not have any experience with Klasse, though I understand it is darn durable. After one or two coats of Klasse, why not just top it with your Fuzion? Or if you decide to go with Colly 845 (a great product!) as your base protectant, lay down one or two coats and then top it with Fuzion. No problem. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful. :)