PDA

View Full Version : Clear Bra Question

SRHTX
05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

I would like to know the Pros & Cons of a clear bra.

Down here in Deep South Texas, our roads/expressways are never cleaned. Our vehicles have cracked windshields and rock chips from HECK!!!

Will a cleat bra be beneficial? Feed back please

jpegs13
05-13-2010, 04:56 AM
The clear bra prevents a lot of dings and rock chips. I have one on my LP640 and it sits real low, I have a bra on it. I replaced the bra this past winter. Lot's of little marks in the bra, nothing in the paint.
Well worth the investment.

molarman
05-13-2010, 07:49 AM
the clear bra is well worth the money, like u say, there are so many little chips that will wreak havoc on ur front end, including the front portion of ur hood as well. i had one installed on a new car, and it already has a couple of noticeable scratches which would have definitely dinged the paint.

SRHTX
05-13-2010, 08:33 AM
But, the scratches never get to the paint, correct?

I'm looking into the Clear Bra thing to add into a business down the road. That is why I'm asking the questions. My Mazda needs a clear bra BAD, however, I would have to pull the front end off and repaint everything 1st due to all the chips everywhere.

Matt S.
05-13-2010, 08:35 AM
My S2000 has had a clear bra on it since I got it (and throughout the life of the car for that matter) and it's helped a ton. You can see little nicks in the clear bra where rocks hit, bugs etch, etc and if you've ever peeled a clear bra off....the paint underneath is literally brand spankin' new. I'll definitely be replacing the clear bra in a few years when this one gets dingy looking. I have 1/3 of my hood, the entire front bumper, and the front mirrors covered.

Matt

Munich77
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a clear bra too. It helps a lot. My wife has a similar year of car and she drives a lot. Her car is full of stone chips. On my car there are a total of two stone chips on the on the hood, one on the roof and two on the side. I am not trying to recite the number of stone chips - but the fact that after two years of driving that is all I have is pretty impressive. I give credit to the clear bra. Like others I have noticed nicks etc. on my clear bra but the paint underneath is protected. I would also replace it every couple of years. (Mine was looking pretty rough in spots after two years - however due to a body shop mishap I am getting a new one installed this weekend).