PDA

View Full Version : Dodo help!

Pages : [1] 2

jrt81
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi Guys,

I would like some feedback with the Dodo waxes. I would like to try them out, but I need inputs as to which ones I should focus on.

My ride is a graphite pearl accord, (dark grey).

My choices are blue velvet/purple haze or hard candy/rainforest rub?

Is it true that BV/PH stain applicators & towels?

Inputs are very much appreciated.

Raoul

loudog2
05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
I would use supernatural, hard candy, rainforest or rubbish boys. These are good for all colors. If your car has flakes I would use these. The BV and PH will stain your applicators and towels.

jrt81
05-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks Lou

So, Hard Candy/Rainforest Rub is a better choice?

I will put that in my cart then.

Have you used Rainforest Rub?

ScottB
05-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I havent found a color that Hard Candy doesnt impress upon. Another choice is SSII by Pinnacle for darker grey metallics.

rwright
05-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Since this is a Dodo thread my first choice would be Supernatural. My second choice is the same as killrwheels, Hard Candy. Skip Rainforest Rub (yes it is a good wax, but not needed) and spend the money on Lime Prime Lite or Lime Prime. Start with the sample pot of Supernatural or Hard Candy.

With that being said, if you are open to other brands try Wolfgang Paintwork Polisher Enhancer (can pick up 2 sample bottles free with your order) and Pinnacle Signature Series II.

jrt81
05-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks Guys!

Okay, will drop rainforest rub then.
It's just that I came across a good deal on the rainforest so I'd thought I'd throw that in the mix.
I will just get a sample of hard candy for now.
I have received a lot of recommendations on the sig series II.
Just out of my budget for now.
Maybe someday soon, it might be on BOGO or the VIP special! :xyxthumbs:

rwright
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
If you can get a really good deal then don't pass it up. It's really not a bad wax at all, my personal opinion is just Hard Candy alone. Don't let a personal opinion stand in the way of a good deal. You may love it! I bought my SSII on VIP not long ago, not sure when it will hit again?

jrt81
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
If you can get a really good deal then don't pass it up. It's really not a bad wax at all, my personal opinion is just Hard Candy alone. Don't let a personal opinion stand in the way of a good deal. You may love it! I bought my SSII on VIP not long ago, not sure when it will hit again?

Thanks.
That deal on the rainforest makes it cheaper than the sig series II. That's why I'm kinda interested in giving it a go.

ScottB
05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
IMO if youve gotten a good deal and are set upon a product, then do it. Otherwise you'll kick yourself that you didnt. (I tell my wife this often). If you dont like it, trade it to someone else to try. Sometimes it feels good just to give it away too ...

maximus20895
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
You might not want to keep on telling her that.

She just might decide to trade you in :p

jrt81
05-13-2010, 10:05 AM
IMO if youve gotten a good deal and are set upon a product, then do it. Otherwise you'll kick yourself that you didnt. (I tell my wife this often). If you dont like it, trade it to someone else to try. Sometimes it feels good just to give it away too ...

Thanks Killr.

I haven't made up my mind yet. In fact, I'll probably try the sample pot of hard candy for now, and hopefully AG gives out a good deal on the Signature Series II.

And I totally forgot, I got 2 mini pots of Fuzion!

I totally agree with you, I haved kicked myself a lot for letting various VIP and BOGO deals slip by.

ScottB
05-13-2010, 02:11 PM
After using Fuzion your gonna feel spoiled .... might not even want those other offerings. Dodo does require more buffing to remove over both others.

jrt81
05-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah? harder to buff off? I will keep that in mind.
And yeah, i saw my mini tubs of Fuzion and I left it out in garage so i will see it next time I get a chance to try that.

Have you (or anyone) tried Rubbish Boys Juiced Ed?

That's also one wax I'm looking at.

Streetlife
05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I would just stick with the Fuzion, unless you are building your collection still.:dblthumb2:

Lasthope05
05-13-2010, 02:39 PM
I dont know if AG price matches venders in Canada but there is a particular vender over there that has some awesome prices on dodo juice waxes and offer free shipping, even to the US, on orders over $150.

They have Blue Velvet, Banana Armour, Diamond White, Hard Candy, Rain Forest Rub, Purple Haze, and Orange Crush for $46 CAD($45 USD.) Supernatural sample at $19 CAD ($18 USD.)

At these prices, its like daylight robbery!