PDA

View Full Version : Dodo supernatural?

WRAPT C5Z06
05-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Is it's consistency that of a hard wax or soft wax? I tried dodo light fantastic soft wax and it was too soft for my taste.

JonM
05-12-2010, 02:18 AM
Its a bit on the harder side, but don't let that discourage you...the look it gives is well worth the effort.

rwright
05-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Dodo Supernatural is pretty awesome. I picked up a sample pot at Detail Fest this year and decided to give it a try over the weekend. As stated it is a bit more on the hard side but application and removal was pretty easy. I used Lime Prime Lite to clean the surface, which is pretty nice and easy to use as well. If you pick up a sample pot, use it and decide you don't like it, I will buy it from you. That's how much I like it. The wooden pot will be in my collection very soon.

DARK HORSE
05-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Dodo Supernatural is pretty awesome. I picked up a sample pot at Detail Fest this year and decided to give it a try over the weekend. As stated it is a bit more on the hard side but application and removal was pretty easy. I used Lime Prime Lite to clean the surface, which is pretty nice and easy to use as well. If you pick up a sample pot, use it and decide you don't like it, I will buy it from you. That's how much I like it. The wooden pot will be in my collection very soon.

Did you apply it w/ bare hand or foam applicator?

rwright
05-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Did you apply it w/ bare hand or foam applicator?

Foam applicator, I will try bare hand method one day. I just wanted to see if I would even like it so I applied it to my trunk only.

DARK HORSE
05-12-2010, 06:16 AM
Foam applicator, I will try bare hand method one day. I just wanted to see if I would even like it so I applied it to my trunk only.

Just wondering, was it hard to get a foam applicator into that small pot. I have a small pot of it and I'm thinking about using the bare hand method to apply it.

rwright
05-12-2010, 06:21 AM
Just wondering, was it hard to get a foam applicator into that small pot. I have a small pot of it and I'm thinking about using the bare hand method to apply it.

I have the yellow foam pads, thin and flexible. The wax was actually filled to the rim, unlike the other 4 sample pots I have (filled just a little below the rim). The first time I tried the other samples I was using one of those mf app pads from Walmart, what a pita!

DARK HORSE
05-12-2010, 06:27 AM
I think I'm going to apply it with bare hand...(maybe to the stang this weekend)...

loudog2
05-12-2010, 06:37 AM
I would just use the applicator and not waste the product. With your hand, it's hard to get a even thin coverage. If it is put on thick, it will be a pain to get off.

DARK HORSE
05-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I would just use the applicator and not waste the product. With your hand, it's hard to get a even thin coverage. If it is put on thick, it will be a pain to get off.

Will do, thanks Louie!

WRAPT C5Z06
05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to order a sample for sure.

RaskyR1
05-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Be sure to put it on THIN.

While I love the stuff, I have had some issues with "sweating" on a few cars. Basically the next day the car looks like it has holograms all over it. :D

JonM
05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Be sure to put it on THIN.

While I love the stuff, I have had some issues with "sweating" on a few cars. Basically the next day the car looks like it has holograms all over it. :D

Ya it also did that to me once out of the two times I've used, but I think it also had to do with the extreme humidity on that given day.