PDA

View Full Version : Motorcraft products

DiamondCutter
05-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Out of curiosity, I found a distributor online for these Motorcraft products and ordered them. These are listed in the manual for my new F-150 as "recommended" for paint care. I really haven't planned on using them because I have questions about what's in them, who makes them, etc... Has anyone used these items or have any info on them? Thanks!

richy
05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Out of curiosity, I found a distributor online for these Motorcraft products and ordered them. These are listed in the manual for my new F-150 as "recommended" for paint care. I really haven't planned on using them because I have questions about what's in them, who makes them, etc... Has anyone used these items or have any info on them? Thanks!

No idea who makes them for Ford or what's in them but I do know Mastercraft also re-labels Valu Guard's decontamination system also and those products are fantastic. Who knows, you might be OK with them?

loudog2
05-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I thought I heard somewhere it was 3M. But I can't remember.

DiamondCutter
05-15-2010, 06:45 PM
The Autoint (Valu Guard) site sure looks like right to me as well. Ford is listed as one of their partners. Thanks for the info. If I decide to try the Motorcraft products, I will share my findings.

ScottB
05-16-2010, 09:44 AM
GM and Ford both offer a line of car care products that are quite similar to products found locally OTC. (Often cost most as paying for their licensing fee's). I would suggest boutique offerings as you will likely find better ingredients and the best of the best.

bill walsh
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM
auto international make waxes cleaners for gm ford and hyundia products work very well