PDA

View Full Version : Griots Broke

Pages : [1] 2

WEST SIDE
05-10-2010, 11:21 PM
So my teenage daughter (High school) wanted to wash her car,i think second time this year.Any way I talked her into claying and she couldn't belive how great the paint felt so I then conviced her that we should give it a quick polish.I knew her interest was limited so I went for the AIO XMT 360.I got the Griots 6" polisher with a 6.5" LC orange pad and went to work,after half the car a screech started coming from the Griots and I thought it was a bearing going bad so I stopped it.I turned the gear by hand and it felt free and smooth so back to finish the car.Three quaters of the way through it started to vibrate and the all of a sudden the gear head was in my left hand and the body in my right.After pulling the plastic shroud off I discovered that two screw heads sheared off and two were intact but the metal casing had cracked and left me with two parts.
I sent Griots an email,waiting to here back.

Sorry for long post but I guess it makes up for not posting enough.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon8.gif
Aloha
Ken

rohnramirez
05-11-2010, 12:50 AM
Good thing it has a lifetime warranty. :)

JonM
05-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Griots, and or Autogeek will fix this...trust me.

Rsurfer
05-11-2010, 02:25 AM
How long have you had your GG and is it the 2nd generation?

rwright
05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Griots, and or Autogeek will fix this...trust me.

:iagree: He knows from experience!

Gunslinger
05-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Sorry to hear it happened. Griot's is a first class company and stands behind their products, as does AG. They'll make good on it.

Bobby B.
05-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Contact the Autogeek customer service 1-800-869-3011

WEST SIDE
05-11-2010, 01:18 PM
How long have you had your GG and is it the 2nd generation?

I've had it less than a year and only use it on my own vehicles.

BimmerFerret
05-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Let me know how this works out for you. I'm considering picking up a Griot's very soon.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Should have bought a Porter Cable, more power doesn't mean a better tool as you and others are finding out.

Slava
05-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Should have bought a Porter Cable, more power doesn't mean a better tool as you and others are finding out.

That's what I did. PCXP works just as good. I've used both, Griots is more powerfull but it also creats more vibration.

agpatel
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Good luck getting it fixed, hope you are back up and running soon.

WHAT! Have you never seen Home Improvement! MORREEE POWWWEEEEEEEERRRR! :)

Ok, I am done.

mcpp66
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM

I was thinking about adding the Griot's to my arsenal. I already have the PC, a Flex, and the 3" Griot's. Sounds like you're not a fan?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-11-2010, 06:31 PM
I was thinking about adding the Griot's to my arsenal. I already have the PC, a Flex, and the 3" Griot's. Sounds like you're not a fan?

I had one just to see what all the hype was about but it isn't much better than the pc and no where near the quality of a Porter Cable. I am all about a good quality tool that is going to last vs. a pos. I could careless about a lifetime warranty if I am going to have to use it all the time and have to ship it here or there, then make phone calls to set up the repair when I can have a tool that will probably never give me any problems and have to deal with make arrangements to get fixed. It is just a big waste of time that can be avoided if you buy quality tools or products.

WEST SIDE
05-12-2010, 12:58 AM
I had one just to see what all the hype was about but it isn't much better than the pc and no where near the quality of a Porter Cable. I am all about a good quality tool that is going to last vs. a pos. I could careless about a lifetime warranty if I am going to have to use it all the time and have to ship it here or there, then make phone calls to set up the repair when I can have a tool that will probably never give me any problems and have to deal with make arrangements to get fixed. It is just a big waste of time that can be avoided if you buy quality tools or products.

Being an electrical contractor I allways buy quality tools (not consumer grade) but it's like buying a car/truck Ford,Chevy,Toyota etc. eyeryone buys what they think is the best built but sometimes problems do occur and you just can't judge the entire line because of it.If a company is willing to stand behind there product I'm willing to give them a chance.