PDA

View Full Version : Tool and Techniques for Cleaning Door Jambs

cnfowler
05-09-2010, 09:55 PM
What tools and techniques are you using to clean really dirty door jambs? Lately I've been getting vehicles with dirty jambs that a quick wipedown won't take care of. There is so much to go around and only so much room to work. I've resorted to small detail brushes and even toothbrushes. However, this is extremely time consuming. I'd like to hear what everyone else is using.

Colin

Shane731
05-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Are you referring to the door jam or the actual door shut? I assume you are referring to the door shut. For really nasty door jams, I just use a combination of degreaser and Pro-Solv (adhesive remover) and a 1-inch paintbrush and that seems to cut through a lot of the dirt and grease. For tighter areas, you could just go with a small stiff painter's brush.

Action Detail
05-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Steamer, sometimes APC+.

VOLVOS60
05-10-2010, 07:24 AM
A good degreaser, and car wash solution. A clean Daytona wheel brush works wonders.

cnfowler
05-10-2010, 03:29 PM
A good degreaser, and car wash solution. A clean Daytona wheel brush works wonders.

I'm going to order the Mini wheel brush and give it a shot. Seems like it should work well for the tight areas. I love my full size Daytona Wheel Brush.

Colin

cnfowler
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Are you referring to the door jam or the actual door shut? I assume you are referring to the door shut. For really nasty door jams, I just use a combination of degreaser and Pro-Solv (adhesive remover) and a 1-inch paintbrush and that seems to cut through a lot of the dirt and grease. For tighter areas, you could just go with a small stiff painter's brush.

Shane, I've always called them door jambs. Whatever the proper term is, it is the area where the door hinges are.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Colin