PDA

View Full Version : DP, Pinnacle and Wolfgang

ballfan4141
05-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I noticed that all three of these products have the same exact website set-up and that the guys who owns dp also owns these three. is that correct? we are there three seperate companies?

termigator
05-09-2010, 09:40 PM
All three are Autogeek's in-house brands.

loudog2
05-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Don't forget diamondite and I think Cobra. Total of 4 or 5 owned by PBMA.

ballfan4141
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
so autogeek came before these brands. cobra does have the best microfiber stuff.

TheGLL
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
See: Welcome to Palm Beach Motoring Accessories (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/)
Autogeek = PBMA

CEE DOG
05-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I noticed that all three of these products have the same exact website set-up and that the guys who owns dp also owns these three. is that correct? we are there three seperate companies?

The reason for three seperate brands in my estimation is simple.
Marketing
When you get to these types of products everybody has different types of things that make them feel good about buying and using.
Example: People LOVE Pinnacle but for me I just don't that much. To be fair I've only tried a couple of them and haven't given them much of a chance. However I do love a lot of the Wolfgang and DP products.
So with three different brands you can cover different price points and marketing strategies.

Don't forget diamondite and I think Cobra. Total of 4 or 5 owned by PBMA.

WOW! I didn't know they owned Cobra! Now I get it

ScottB
05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
PBMA is the parent company and owner of Autogeek, Pinnacle, Diamonite, DP, and Wolfgang. The Cobra branded towels are indeed ours too.

The design philosophy was rather simple and exciting:

Pinnacle --- Offer the best line of car care using the best ingredients

Pinnacle XMT --- A newer line in car care centered around the use of Dual Action Orbitals and other products to enhance their use and outcome.

DP -- formerly Detailers Pride, the line is primarily if not all made in the US and designed for professionals in car care. Its the most value rewarding line with great prices and products that exceed what was onced offered in large bulk sizing to professionals.

Wolfgang --- Using the newest polymer technologies often found outside the US in areas like Germany.

Diamonite --- Plastic and Glass Care Products

Each have their own site to sell the entire line and allow the dedicated user to choose from a set of products within. Autogeek was designed as a one-stop grab the best of all in car care from PBMA and other vendors.

At least thats my personal opinion ...

CEE DOG
05-10-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks Scott, you're description of DP and WG are part of the reasons that I like those lines so much.

DP: I like made in America if I can get it. :)