PDA

View Full Version : Should never have started detailing the car

moggi1964
05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
because now I can see all the chips, scratches and swirls and who knows what else that had always been hidden under dirt and pollen! :eek:

Suddenly, the DD that looked pretty good after 5 years of NJ abuse now looks like it has had 5 years of NJ abuse!

Heck, I found dents that I didn't even realize it had and a couple of them seem downright weird in terms of their position.

No longer can I just focus on upgrading components (just installed new shocks all round - Tokico D-spec) and marvel at how great my car is because in the back of my mind I will KNOW there is flawed paintwork.

I blame you autogeekonline; I was once just a happy, oblivious, Corolla owner but now :cry:

I'll be sending you my therapist bill!

Stittville Ed
05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
The therapy is working on the car.

Look at it this way once you are done with the detail no one will notice the little dings/dents because they will be blinded by the way the Corolla glow's, even at night

Jenn1270
05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
The therapy is working on the car.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

moggi1964
05-09-2010, 03:35 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Wow! you guys really are sick; at least I am not alone:wave:

Just wish this wind would cease so I could do another panel. Being as I have to detail outside and the wind is 25-40MPH there is little point in trying to achieve anything on the exterior. Typical that I haven't got to ordering the interior stuff yet :)

Stittville Ed
05-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Being as I have to detail outside and the wind is 25-40MPH

I have the wind this weekend and this morning we have snow in the air..............

Jenn1270
05-09-2010, 03:44 PM
I have the wind this weekend and this morning we have snow in the air..............

You have snow.....we've gone from 90 degrees to 67 degrees in 48 hours. What is up with the weather.

Jenn

moggi1964
05-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Snow; that's just nuts!:eek:

Keep it up there, I already put my summer tires on.

Stittville Ed
05-09-2010, 04:15 PM
It was 80 one day last week...............Upstate New York if you don't like the weather wait a hour and it will change.

My wife want's to move to a warmer location and get's call's from agency's.

ballfan4141
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I always thought my car shined really nice until I learned about all the stuff that needs corrected, that the average person doesnt notice. now I dont like looking at it sometimes.

Pie
05-09-2010, 11:52 PM
Snow; that's just nuts!:eek:

Keep it up there, I already put my summer tires on.

The weather is getting crazier every year. We had beautiful weather last week in Bay Area, California. Now it's showering again...in MAY -_-.

I wouldn't get too ocd with keeping a DD perfect. The elements will put scratches into the car again. I just focus on not getting those deep nasty swirl marks.

rohnramirez
05-11-2010, 01:55 AM
I always thought my car shined really nice until I learned about all the stuff that needs corrected, that the average person doesnt notice. now I dont like looking at it sometimes.

Same here! Can't stand dust settling anywhere on the car..i can't resist the urge to do something about it. :):buffing: