PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: DP Gloss Tire Gel

sullysdetailing
05-09-2010, 11:12 AM
So this weekend I got to try out the new and improved version of DP Gloss Tire Gel. I have to say I am quite pleased with this product. It has a minty smell to it and goes on very easily. It took about a nickel size amount on a yellow foam applicator pad to go around the 370z (19’’ rims) tires and about a quarter size amount to go around the H2 SUT tires (22’’ wheel and 35’’ Nitto A/T) On both vehicles I waited about 30 minutes and wiped the ties for a less glossy shine. The tires did not fell sticky or greasy at all. The Tire Gel soaks into the tires to prevent sing (this is a big plus) I decided to test this out. So it started to rain later that day so I took the H2 SUT through some pretty big puddles and the tire gel said on the tires and off the car.

Pro: Little goes a long way, you can get both a high gloss to a natural looking tire depending how you apply the tire gel. This product does not sling. To me it was very similar to Wolfgang and Pinnacles tire gel but you get twice as much product for a fraction of the cost.

Cons: Haven’t found any yet, because I don’t thing there are any :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/DSC_1022.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/DSC_1023.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/DSC_1026.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a295/hockey2k28/Sullys%20Detailing/DSC_1027.jpg

Finemess
05-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice write up, I want to try this soon.

loudog2
05-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Pro: To me it was very similar to Wolfgang and Pinnacles tire gel but you get twice as much product for a fraction of the cost.

The Wolfgang Black Diamond has rubber conditioning agents and protectants, which the DP does not.

Other than that, nice write up.:xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
05-09-2010, 12:38 PM
The Wolfgang Black Diamond has rubber conditioning agents and protectants, which the DP does not.

According to the AG desription, it has a good amount of UV protectant.

loudog2
05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
According to the AG desription, it has a good amount of UV protectant.
I was going to leave that out, but didn't. Biggest difference is the conditioners.

sullysdetailing
05-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Nice write up, I want to try this soon.

Thanks Guys, If you are thinking about tring this product go ahead and try it, you will fall in love with this tire gel.

JonM
05-09-2010, 05:23 PM
I love my bottle of the old formula, and I can't imagine where they had room for improvements because the old formula is just amazing. I am excited to try this new one out soon.

CEE DOG
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
What did they improve? Somebody should do a review of the old and new side by side.

Grizzly
05-09-2010, 07:12 PM
too $ for me.

sullysdetailing
05-20-2010, 11:23 AM
So far this product had lasted longer then 2 weeks on the 2 test vehicles I used, even with the rain. Best of all no sling :)

TheCougarGuy
05-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I just received my tire gel the other day and I put it on my tires last night. The weatherman is predicting rain tomorrow so we'll see how it holds up. I also got to try out the DP interior surface protectant. Other than pumping the trigger about a hundred times to get it to spray, I really like the way it applies and how it looks.

hooty-who
05-20-2010, 05:05 PM
thanks for the review sullysdetailing. :dblthumb2:

Got some on BOGO and I really like it. On my work truck it took more than I expected but the tires were pretty dry. On my miata it took very little to get the job done but the tires have had stuff put on them recently. Put some on my older john deere lawn tractor with dry tires and it took a bit to get them right. This stuff really seems to soak in and hydrate if a tire is neglected.

I don't expect it to take so much on those tires that were dry, the next time I apply it.

sullysdetailing
05-20-2010, 08:23 PM
NP