PDA

View Full Version : Klasse sealant glaze - application questions

vern1
05-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I just used my Flex and Menzerna products 2 weeks ago for the first time. Clayed the car, used the flex with Menzerna Power Finish then P085, the KAIO, then the Klasse SG. Long day....

Couple of questions. Does anyone apply the SG with a flex? Given how thin you have to spread it, it seems it would be tough to do. However its pretty easy to put on by hand so no big deal. However, what about using the flex to remove it. I have the black pad and the blue finishing pad but i assume you cant use a dry blue pad on the flex to remove it? Is there another type of pad for the flew for buffing out the SG or a carnuba application? Can I just use a regular micro fiber bonnet?

I used the wipe on wipe off method with the SG and it seemed to work fine. Going to put on some more coats as it didnt take very long (seems there are quite a few theories/methods recommended for the SG application).

If i use the WOWO method can I do it in 10 degree weather (around 50 degrees for those not on the same system as the rest of the world!!)

Lastly, any benefit to a final carnuba coat over the SG? Was going to try it out. Was thinking of trying something I can get at my local Canadian Tire (the Cdn equivalent of Pep Boys) like Meguirs or such - any recommendations?

Many thanks

ScottB
05-08-2010, 07:14 PM
I used Klasse SG and found the WOWO method works best. I did allow at least 8 hours for curing and preferrably up to 24 hours. You can then add another coat or top as desired. The Klasse system is a little old school in look (bit sterile but glossy) and I found that a good detail spray with gloss or wax added to looks, but the Klasse twins are darn bulletproof for months upon months.

vern1
05-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I used Klasse SG and found the WOWO method works best. I did allow at least 8 hours for curing and preferrably up to 24 hours. You can then add another coat or top as desired. The Klasse system is a little old school in look (bit sterile but glossy) and I found that a good detail spray with gloss or wax added to looks, but the Klasse twins are darn bulletproof for months upon months.

Thanks. Do you see any issues with putting it on at lower temps?

ScottB
05-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Living in Florida, I likely am not qualified to offer advice on that. We hit 91 yesterday !

vern1
05-09-2010, 08:29 AM
it friggin snowed here this morning in toronto!!! so pretty relevant to me but i wont attempt anything at these temps

i am curious that kaio is "old school" - what is new school?

thanks

ScottB
05-09-2010, 05:07 PM
it friggin snowed here this morning in toronto!!! so pretty relevant to me but i wont attempt anything at these temps

i am curious that kaio is "old school" - what is new school?

thanks

Klasse was supposedly designed by Carlack many years ago. Its an acrylic versus water based product. Not many acrylic products exist any longer (Werkstatt being one, and supposedly also designed originally by Carlack). It seems with modern "polymers" and "nano" technology that new school is in, but then again some could simply be marketing on the companies part. What I can suggest is that the Klasse Twins were darn bulletproof and lasted about as long as any sealant I have ever used.