PDA

View Full Version : Poli-Coat still beading strongly

termigator
05-08-2010, 12:39 PM
It's been five weeks now since I applied the DP Poli-Coat on my wife's DD. I have washed it every week except for week #4. I just didn't have time last weekend. So, I washed it this morning and took a few beading pics. I'll let the pics speak for themselves.:xyxthumbs:

Week #1 for comparison:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/Poli-Coat/IMG_4284.jpg

Week #5 beading:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/Poli-Coat/IMG_4305.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/termigator/Poli-Coat/IMG_4306.jpg

From what I see, beading has not diminished at all. Slickness is not as good as week 1, but it's still feels very smooth. It doesn't feel grabby at all. Durability is not the most important factor for me, since I rarely go more than four weeks without waxing (that includes my garaged vehicles), but It's always nice to have just in case I don't have time to do what I want/need to do (e.g. week 4). Poli-Coat has definitely delivered in that sense.

Matt S.
05-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for sharing! Told you guys it's durable stuff :D

A4 1.8tqm
05-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Looks great! Can't wait to test it out my sample when it gets here. :D

Shane731
05-08-2010, 04:25 PM
What shampoo are you washing with? Are you using a QD or spray wax after washing? Also, are the week 5 beading pics taken before or after washing? The first week 5 pic looks like it was taken before the wash.

termigator
05-08-2010, 04:32 PM
What shampoo are you washing with? Are you using a QD or spray wax after washing? Also, are the week 5 beading pics taken before or after washing? The first week 5 pic looks like it was taken before the wash.

I used Gold Class Shampoo. No QD. It's my wife's DD, so I wash it, dry it and that's it. All of the beading pics are after the GC wash. I take the pics after rinsing and right before drying. I don't see the point of taking beading pics before the wash, since that defeats the purpose of finding out the sealant's resistance to detergents.

Shane731
05-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I used Gold Class Shampoo. No QD. It's my wife's DD, so I wash it, dry it and that's it. All of the beading pics are after the GC wash. I take the pics after rinsing and right before drying. I don't see the point of taking beading pics before the wash, since that defeats the purpose of finding out the sealant's resistance to detergents.

I see. Maybe it's just the lighting, but I thought some of the water beads looked like they had dirt floating in them, which is why I asked. I am very impressed with the reviews I've heard on Poli-Coat so far. Refresh my memory, how easy was it to apply and remove?

termigator
05-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Application and removal were pretty easy. The sealant has a paste-like consistency instead of the usual liquid consistency of other sealants. I found it a little harder to spread compared to Blackfire and Wolfgang, but it was far from hard. Same with removal. A little harder than previously mentioned sealants, but far from hard.