PDA

View Full Version : xmt360,autoglym question.

Pages : [1] 2

corolla619
05-07-2010, 07:06 PM
just finished up claying followed by my xmt360(thanks tad). first question is, tomorrow, can i apply a different sealant over the xmt360 ie:danase.

second question is about autoglym(thanks richard). never used this stuff but am quite anxious. my car is silver metallic and with some waxes, they mute/tone down the metallic flake. will auto glym do this? either way it's going on but just curious.

see, i want the maximum gloss but with the most "pop" from the metallic flake in my paint. i'm crossing my fingers that autoglym will acheive the "pop" in my metallic silver paint seeings that the xmt360 sure gave it beautiful reflections, clarity, and a wet gloss.

thank you in advance.

termigator
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
As far as I know, XMT360 is a polishing/cleaning sealant with no carnauba, so you cant top it with anything you like.

DARK HORSE
05-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Sealants really shouldn't be topped with other sealants. However it is perfectly fine to top a sealant with a nuba...

corolla619
05-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Sealants really shouldn't be topped with other sealants. However it is perfectly fine to top a sealant with a nuba...

yessir i get that but just was really wanting to layer the 360 with danase. i mean if i can't then i can't.

as for autoglym, my question stands in my original post....anyone chime in with the answers?

oh, and how is durability with autoglym? really doesn't matter, i love to wax but just curious.

rwisejr
05-07-2010, 08:48 PM
You can and it will be fine .

snowking724
05-07-2010, 08:55 PM
i asked the same question about klasse aio and was told it was fine to top with anything,i believe 360 and aio are the same style products.

rwright
05-08-2010, 01:16 AM
It's not going to tone down the metallic and the durability is excellent. I don't have an exact time frame of how long it protects. I can't offer any info on the Danase as I have not used it. Are you applying by hand or machine?

ScottB
05-08-2010, 07:35 AM
I used the Autoglym wax once after purchase and kinda moved it mid-shelve. Its about the nicest local offering of a wax at retail (Wallyworld) but doesnt use/remove as easy as others I have come to love. I dont believe it will mute flakes, but will it make the paint wet and enhance the flakes ???

For that, I might personally move to SSII by Pinnacle or perhaps Fuzion as for waxes specifically. (Dodo Hard Candy also) For sealants the new Menzerna Powerlock is becoming a nice favorite and so is the new DP Policoat product. I like that both are easy to apply and remove too.

rwright
05-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I love me some Pinnacle SSII! Fuzion may bit a little bit easier to use but I have actually used SSII more. Still waiting to try DP PoliCoat and Menz Power Lock. I have 2 1/2 bottles of WGDGPS 3.0 to use up! I have a feeling that the 2 mentioned sealants will make their way to my shelf in the near future...

corolla619
05-08-2010, 10:33 AM
man, you guys. i love my sigII. but....i just got the autoglym so i have to use it. tried a test panel a cou[ple days ago and it went on easy and off easy too. maybe i got lucky. guess either way i will use it and see how i feel about it.

guess i will go ahead and apply my danase sealant over the 360 today and the hit it with autoglym. all this will be finished by hand as i would rather apply my sealants and nuba by hand.

trhland
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
ill never go back to waxes that brake your arm to remove.. thats why i stick with pinnacle.. and swissvax.. easy on easy off!!!! makes waxing enjoyable!

A4 1.8tqm
05-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Glad you got some Autoglym HD, I'm sure you'll like it. Your Walmart finally got it or you got better shipping than I quoted you?

I don't see a problem topping XMT 360 with whatever you want, I've used it to touch up after a kind friend "used his shirt sleeve to clean the spot where he sat on the hood". XMT 360 topped with DGPS then Max Wax the next day, no probs.

I found that Autoglym HD has very good durability, giving tight beads and fast sheeting for a couple months (so far, and still going). I've waxed 3 silver cars with it and do not notice any muting at all, if anything it does the opposite. I don't believe any high quality wax that is intended for a clear coat will mute flakes, but I don't know for sure.

ScottB
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't believe any high quality wax that is intended for a clear coat will mute flakes, but I don't know for sure.

I have been saying this for months or longer. No wax is made to intentionally mute flakes or harm the final look. Some waxes are indeed designed with modern polymers and gloss additives which "might" enhance the look however.

corolla619
05-08-2010, 10:41 PM
applied my sealant today. i must say, when i wiped the car down this morning with a qd before the sealant, my god it was so slick. xmt360 is a great product. so anyways, sealed this morning with danase. only reason i mention it is because i followed with autoglym right afterwards and the sealant has an instant cure time.

anyhow, i kind of purposely applied autoglym thick since i heard all the rumors it's hard to buff off. i however found it no harder to buff off than max wax so on a scale of 1-10 out of ease, i give it an 8. seems to be a pretty good product. hardest part was cleaning the red sponge pad when i finished lol.

as for durabil.ity, i really don't care seeings how i love to wax.(kind of like meditation)really just wanted to see what the hype was about. overall, i'm impressed. don't think it stacks up to max wax or sigII but i still like it very much. didn't mute the flakes at all. i'll post pics tomorrow when there are no clouds blocking the full effect.

thanks everyone.

ScottB
05-09-2010, 07:27 AM
as for durabil.ity, i really don't care seeings how i love to wax.(kind of like meditation)really just wanted to see what the hype was about. overall, i'm impressed. don't think it stacks up to max wax or sigII but i still like it very much. didn't mute the flakes at all. i'll post pics tomorrow when there are no clouds blocking the full effect.

thanks everyone.

and this is the absolute best advice in car care, find what you like not what others like. We each have a right to our own opinions and likes. Im glad to here you tried it and found another valid choice.