PDA

View Full Version : Oh perfect car shampoo, where are you?

Pages : [1] 2

Lasthope05
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
I've been through a few different brands of car shampoo but can never really find one that I like and can stick to. I find myself getting hyped up about shampoos as most people do with LSPs. In my opinion, having a high quality soap is more important than an LSP. LSP's, to me, are secondary as the washing step is where the majority of your marring and damage comes from, thus the most important and crucial stem in maintaining a good finish.

I took advantage of DI's shampoo sale and got the Dodo Juice BTBM and Sour Power, Glossworkz, and PB SS&S. I tried all of them out to day, with 3 different types of wash media(grout, chenille, and lambswool), and while they are all top notch products they didnt really do it for me. My stash of car soap is still pretty small but its getting there. So far I have:

Meguiar's Shampoo Plus
Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Meguair's Deep Crystal (Wheel soap)
Optimum Car Wash
Duragloss 902 CWC
Poorboys Super Slick & Suds
Chemical Guys Glossworkz
Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
Dodo Juice Sour Power
Optimum No Rinse
DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/799/medium/CIMG5283.JPG

I like Optimum's car wash, DG 901, CG Glossworkz and DJ's BTBM, but I am wondering if there is anything better out there I'm missing out on? Any recommendation on a super slick car shampoo that you have tried? Im looking for something that feels like melted butter between my fingers.

Haha, maybe I asking too much.....

Zivman
05-07-2010, 06:52 PM
have you tried meg's hyper wash? I just picked up a gallon and will be trying it out.

kingpenn
05-07-2010, 06:54 PM
if you wanna offload some of those unneeded washes I will buy them :)

Lasthope05
05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
have you tried meg's hyper wash? I just picked up a gallon and will be trying it out.

I was never interested in Megs Hyperwash as I heard it lacks lubricity. From all the reviews I've read its nothing special about it besides having a high dilution ratio. Lubricity is whats most important for me in a shampoo and that what I look for.

if you wanna offload some of those unneeded washes I will buy them :)

Haha.. not looking to unload anything. I'm sure I'll use them up but if you want samples of what I have in the gallons you can. All I ask is to pay for bottles and postage. :xyxthumbs:

daveinsweethome
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
sorry ag but cg citrus wash and gloss is buttery and i love it

kingpenn
05-07-2010, 07:28 PM
ill end up buying most of them eventually but thank you for your generosity :)

snowking724
05-07-2010, 07:47 PM
sorry ag but cg citrus wash and gloss is buttery and i love it
areed and the dillution ratio is great.

AeroCleanse
05-07-2010, 09:09 PM
There is a new version of ONR so you might want to take a look at that. There should be a new wash from Dodo Juice soon (I did some product testing for them). Swissvax makes a car wash as well. 1z-einszett makes one...the list goes on and on.

Shane731
05-07-2010, 10:32 PM
The best shampoo I have used to date is Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. Expensive, but well worth it. I only have some samples of it, but I'll get more. That being said, I think Shampoo Plus, Optimum Car Wash, and Ultimate Wash and Wax are all excellent shampoos. Can't go wrong sticking to any one of those.

b18c5
05-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Meguiars Gold class A+ :xyxthumbs:, the best !!!

ScottB
05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
While I like Poorboys, Duragloss, and Optimum -- I also use Zaino's wash. I dont personally find more is needed. None strip wax, work well at cleaning, and offer great lubrication (most important IMO). While I too love to try this or that, I usually come back to them.

Dubbin1
05-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Any recommendation on a super slick car shampoo that you have tried? Im looking for something that feels like melted butter between my fingers.

Give DP Auto Bath Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html) a try, super slick and feels almost like melted butter ;) I love this stuff and don't even bother trying others anymore.

rwright
05-08-2010, 10:08 AM
I want to try DP Auto Bath (adding a sample to my order soon), but I love the following:

Wolfgang Auto Bathe (gal. coming soon)
Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo (gal. coming soon)
Meg's Shampoo+
Meg's Gold Class
Meg's Ultimate Wash & Wax
CG GlossWorkz

WRAPT C5Z06
05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Meguiars Gold class A+ :xyxthumbs:, the best !!!
I agree.

I've tried optimum, PB's slick and suds, and I think Gold Class has the best lubricity.

Herzog
05-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Give DP Auto Bath Shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/dp300.html) a try, super slick and feels almost like melted butter ;) I love this stuff and don't even bother trying others anymore.

What dilution ratio are you using with the DP? I am using 2oz per 5 gallons and am not getting the slickness.

Thanks