PDA

View Full Version : Tinted windows and Wolfgang auto bathe???

superd
05-07-2010, 04:36 PM
I have been using Stoner Invisible Glass Cleaner on my tinted windows. I've noticed when the sun hits the tint it's very cloudy. I've read about the Plexus Plastic Cleaner and curious if this would help the problem.

Secondly, does anyone else notice the Wolfgang Auto Bathe smells so good it not only makes your mouth water, but it also attracks HUNDREDS of bugs? It almost makes it impossible to use the cobra drying towels without smashing them into the paint.

Feed back please

Nissaner
05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Personally, I have never had a problem using Stoner's on tinted windows. I use 2 mfs, one to spread the cleaner and one to buff dry.

rwright
05-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Personally, I have never had a problem using Stoner's on tinted windows. I use 2 mfs, one to spread the cleaner and one to buff dry.

I use this process with quick detailer's, quick waxes, and cleaning glass. Both of our cars have tinted windows and I have no issues with Stoner's. And the Auto Bathe issue, I find myself scooping suds out of the bucket due to little bugs landing on them sometimes.

ScottB
05-09-2010, 04:47 PM
I have used Plexus on tint in the past with nice results, never noticed any issues with Stoners either however.

maximus20895
05-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Stoner's even says it's okay for tinted windows. I think Windex says it is NOT okay.

Rsurfer
05-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Stoner's even says it's okay for tinted windows. I think Windex says it is NOT okay.OP knows it's ok, but leaves a haze. I never had a haze problem with Stoner's.

ScottB
05-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I might also suggest a different rag/towel being used with Stoners to see if towel is culprit, or perhaps the way the towel is washed and stored between uses.

I do know that plastics (like dash, doors and such) let off chemical as they age in UV and this can indeed leave a coating on glass. I find that well use (not sparingly) of Stoners and a clean towel works best. I often use the Glass WW design, or a good linen napkin.

superd
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I purchased a 2008 suv with only a 6k miles and the front drivers & passenger windows had already had after market tint applied. I've always used Stoners & clean microfiber cloths. When the sun hits the glass the tint always appears hazy as if there is a film on the inside while looking out. The tint has been hazy since I purchased it. I am curious if anyone had any ideas how to restore the clarity.