PDA

View Full Version : Love that ClearKote Quik Shine, but have a question

Gregor
10-29-2006, 08:23 PM
On the advice of Killer, I ordered up some ClearKote QS to help add a little pop to my Klasse winterized vehiles. As most users will agree, Klasse's strength is not its glossyness. I've now used it on two vehicles, two washes each and am stunned with the results. The ClearKote not only adds quite a bit if extra gloss, depth and sparkke, but the rain beads up even better than without. In the last wash, there was one section I forgot to go over with QD and the rain beads were noticable larger. I was not expecting this kind of a result from a simple QD'r and was not getting anywhere close to these results from from my last QD (from Chemical Guys).

The question I have is how much QD should be used? I'm spraying in one area, wiping down/buffing with an MF towel then moving on. By the time I get to end of the car, the towel is a bit soaked and I stop spraying and just use the wet towel. At first I'd come back and buff with a fresh towel but missed a few spots and noticed that it dries nicely and a final buff isn't really required.

FloridaNative
10-29-2006, 09:02 PM
For me personally I just lightly mist the surface with the QS. I probably do two sprays for the entire hood. I use the Super plush Junior and I've never had it be wet when finished QDing my SUV. :)

alban61
10-30-2006, 06:11 AM
I too love my CK QS!! Washed my wife's car last week with DP 4n1 and wiped it dry with QS while the car was still wet. Wow! Gave it a nice shine. I had PB Natty's on that car 2 weeks before.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/alban61/DSCF0004.jpg

ScottB
10-30-2006, 07:04 AM
sounds like you are using it correctly, and its a good rule of thumb to stop anything if towel or applicator gets saturated. Quikshine and Crystal Mist are both spray and wife products and should not need any real buffing afterwards.

BILL
10-30-2006, 08:12 AM
For me personally I just lightly mist the surface with the QS. I probably do two sprays for the entire hood. I use the Super plush Junior and I've never had it be wet when finished QDing my SUV. :)

I agree..........you really dont have to wet the surface that much.......just a mist and a good plush towel should do the job with out going over with another buff...;)

sparkie
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
I too love my CK QS!! Washed my wife's car last week with DP 4n1 and wiped it dry with QS while the car was still wet. Wow! Gave it a nice shine. I had PB Natty's on that car 2 weeks before.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k88/alban61/DSCF0004.jpg
Nice! My next order DPs 4N1. Sweet job.