PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating left over Z-2, Z-5 & Z-6

hofiveo
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I got the fever and ordered about $1100.00, with the help of AGO and DI. I will use the Z-2 on one white 2001 F350 and the Z-5 on a dark grey mettalic 2004 Acura TL. I have the Flex 3401(waiting to use) Meqs 105/205, Menzerna Polymer Sealant and DP MaxWax Combo. Where would you guys layer in the Zaino Products? Thanks for any help.:hungry:Feed back please:dblthumb2:

5.4 Shelby
05-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Where would you guys layer in the Zaino Products?
ebay.

j/k. I dont use their products so I am not sure where you would use them. What did you buy from AG? You may not need the Zaino stuff.

ScottB
05-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Z6 is a spray and could be used on most waxes and sealants without issues. Their other products are sealants and are quite the same in design as the Mernzerna Powerlock Sealant.

hofiveo
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
5.4 Shelby, what I have is in the OP. I have been using Z for about 7 years. Looks great, easy on & easy off and lasts a long time. I am new to this polishing(detailing) skill and products and what they do and used for. I always would allow a Prof. detailer to get rid off swirls and such and I would apply the Zaino by hand or wax spreader. I have some left and want to get rid of it and use the stuff I bought from AG and DI.
So if they are sealants similar to Menzerna power lock sealant, I think I will apply The menzerna first then apply two coats of Z-2 with Z-6 before Menzerna and after, and in between coats of Z-2. Yeah I did not know they were considered sealants, Thank You for the info Killer.

5.4 Shelby
05-06-2010, 08:53 PM
5.4 Shelby, what I have is in the OP.
Duh. I guess I shoulda read a little closer.

I think you will like your new toys so much, you will forget about the Zaino. Have fun with them.

hofiveo
05-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Yeah, with todays technology my head swims alot too. So much to learn. If you search other threads i started you ll see what i am up against, but i am a Geeek when it comes to cars, another aspect of cars is now in my memory bank. Thanks

rohnramirez
05-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Yeah, both z2 & z5 are sealants, idk why zaino would label them as polish. nonetheless, if i were you, here's how i'd do it:

-zaino z5 with zfx using z6 to remove the residue
-zaino z2 2coats with zfx using z6 between coats as well
-then top it DPMW

or

-menzerna polymer
-top with DPMW 2x

I think Zaino protects better compared to Menz, but i haven't tried it, so i don't know how it looks either. If you insist on using everything.

-zaino z5 with zfx using z6 to remove the residue
-zaino z2 1coat with zfx using z6 to remove the residue
-Menz
-then top it DPMW

Good luck!