PDA

View Full Version : New Formula ONR

The Critic
05-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Finally used my new gallon of the "new formula" ONR today. This is my first time using a rinseless wash product.

Pros: Good smell, fantastic shine, keeps dirt suspended in the liquid (bottom of the bucket) and not the MF wash towel, most dirt comes off with little effort, works great as a window cleaner.

Cons: Not nearly as much lubricity as CG Wash and Gloss, not very effective at removing dried up dead bug residue, just not as powerful as I had hoped.

So, it works well, but not super well. Then again, I have no prior experience with a rinseless wash product so I have nothing to compare it to.

Despite its flaws, I still think it is a great product and will continue using it. Even though it is $40/gallon, at just over 1 oz per wash, it is still very economical. And as I mentioned earlier, the shine is simply incredible-- the car looks like it was just waxed.

rohnramirez
05-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Good to hear your good feedback. I just ordered a gallon as well. No offense meant but, it's not a car shampoo like CGWG, it's more of a lubricant you can use to wash your car. It wouldn't be fair to compare it and set its lack of cleaning ability as a flaw. Thanks for sharing again.

jmp09fg2
05-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the review! I have been wanting to get some ONR and just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Maybe with this weeks BOGO's I'l get some...

Edit: 100th post!!!!!! I'ma big kid now!

sullysdetailing
05-06-2010, 08:15 AM
I tired this stuff a couple week ago and it is great. My good friend lives at FIU in miami we were going to a car show and had now way to clean the car with a hose so we filled three 5 gallon buckets with water and got to work. It cleaned his black G35 really well. The car was pretty dirty and it lets little to no marring.

Ahh Vtec
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I just recently ordered some due to the harsh winter we had, so I could wash inside the garage and I really enjoy it. I works very well for me. I also like how it can be used for a few different applications. I order the 32 0z. but I will be getting the gallon size here in a few days.