PDA

View Full Version : new products and static electricity?

Pages : [1] 2

ccapital83
05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
so i recently ordered some higher end products like dp, menzerna, zaino, wolfgang, pinnacle. and they all yield amazing resultls and this wierd thing. they all seem to make mycar like very staticky like turning your tv off. its really wierd and strong if you out your arm near the car it will make your hair stand up and even shock you. ### is that about is it normal? the over the counter stuff doesnt do this? has this happened to anyone else? alls i can come up with is these products have brought my surface to such a clean,eben,smooth surface that it makes it easy to become charged. idk it seems so frekin wierd to me hopefully someone can chime in on this?

rohnramirez
05-05-2010, 09:51 PM
lol. i haven't experienced this. But i have heard this happen in cold places. Anyway, you can try Finish Kare 425 to take care of that static, it claims to have an anti-static element to it besides being one of the most sought after QDs.

Rsurfer
05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
so i recently ordered some higher end products like dp, menzerna, zaino, wolfgang, pinnacle. and they all yield amazing resultls and this wierd thing. they all seem to make mycar like very staticky like turning your tv off. its really wierd and strong if you out your arm near the car it will make your hair stand up and even shock you. ### is that about is it normal? the over the counter stuff doesnt do this? has this happened to anyone else? alls i can come up with is these products have brought my surface to such a clean,eben,smooth surface that it makes it easy to become charged. idk it seems so frekin wierd to me hopefully someone can chime in on this?It's probably the weather.

ccapital83
05-05-2010, 10:04 PM
sorry about that punctuation :/

pokey
05-05-2010, 10:13 PM
so i recently ordered some higher end products like dp, menzerna, zaino, wolfgang, pinnacle. and they all yield amazing resultls and this wierd thing. they all seem to make mycar like very staticky like turning your tv off. its really wierd and strong if you out your arm near the car it will make your hair stand up and even shock you. ### is that about is it normal? the over the counter stuff doesnt do this? has this happened to anyone else? alls i can come up with is these products have brought my surface to such a clean,eben,smooth surface that it makes it easy to become charged. idk it seems so frekin wierd to me hopefully someone can chime in on this?

Ok so I'm not the only one going crazy. This started happening to me after I gave the car her first real polish. Used Wolfgangs TSR followed by their sealnt. Topped with supernatural. I was getting massive shocks for a couple of months. They finally went down this past week. Not sure if its related to the fact thay i washed her with ONR for the first time and topped with a coat of fuzion. Maybe its all coincedence but very weird.

Dubbin1
05-06-2010, 02:42 PM
lol. i haven't experienced this. But i have heard this happen in cold places. Anyway, you can try Finish Kare 425 to take care of that static, it claims to have an anti-static element to it besides being one of the most sought after QDs.

LOL I have now proved that claim as bogus. I wiped my car down with it and caused static when there wasn't any before the wipe down :)

Really I think its the weather

loudog2
05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
It could be the towels used. Friction with the microfiber towels causes static.

Harleyguy
05-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I have and use FK425 bought because it's suppose to cause less static.Don't get me wrong great QD but as far as static i really don't see it helping.

loudog2
05-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I have and use FK425 bought because it's suppose to cause less static.Don't get me wrong great QD but as far as static i really don't see it helping.
:iagree:Water could be anti-static to a point also. If something is wet there isn't really any static.

A4 1.8tqm
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
It's probably the weather/coincidence.

Has anyone tried a second pass with FK 425? It may help the anti-static claims if the product is already on the whole car. Either way I love the product as a drying aid, hadn't brought it out for a while till my last wash and I forgot how much I like it.

Mike Phillips
05-06-2010, 04:03 PM
My best guess is that act of wiping creates as much static as any other factor...

I've done a lot of testing with waxes and sealants and the test areas always attract more dust than the paint surrounding the test section with nothing on it at all.

:)

ScottB
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
its one of those fancy myths .... kinda like how birdie doo-doo gravitates to clean cars. Does the critter like watching himself in the act ???

5.4 Shelby
05-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Same here. I bought it because my car was like one of those static balls after applying WG DGPS 3.0. It did not make a difference in my car. Nice QD though.

rohnramirez
05-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Well..i bought a gallong cause i really wanna try it out. it should be here by 2nd or 3rd week of June.

trek
05-07-2010, 07:59 AM
its one of those fancy myths .... kinda like how birdie doo-doo gravitates to clean cars. Does the critter like watching himself in the act ???

[fancy-myth]I think the manufacture's make there products static'y so the cars get dirty quicker and you have to clean more often, therefor needing more products in turn having to buy more products, its all a conspiracy to make more money.

I say we protest to have them stop the last process of manufacturing where they add static properties to the products. WHO'S WITH ME!? WHO'S COMIN WITH ME!?[/fancy-myth]