PDA

View Full Version : How to use Microfibre towel wash? Do I add washing machine soap too?

m4gician
05-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey guys,

I have Micro Restore (thank you AGO for the great deal), and I had always used it by adding 2 cap fulls to a load of MF towels and applicators in my washing machine. However, i didn't add ANY detergent, I just went through the cycle with JUST the 2 capfulls. Is that the right way to do it? Or should I have been adding detergent?

Bunky
05-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Micro Restore is a detergent so you do not need to add anything else.

ScottB
05-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Use it , no need for anything else. If you want some additional softness, try a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle.

m4gician
05-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Use it , no need for anything else. If you want some additional softness, try a cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle.

What wash cycle do I use? Hot/warm/cold water? It doesn't specify which works best. Do I use small, medium or large load water?

A4 1.8tqm
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I've been using hot water. I start the washer on the smallest load size that water will cover the towels. I add MF cleaner and towels and let it agitate for a few minutes, then increase the load size and start the cycle over. This method gives high detergent concentration and strong agitation followed by normal detergent and agitation without using any extra MF cleaner or wasting any extra water. I leave the extra rinse cycle off during the wash, so I don't miss it for adding vinegar. Heavily soiled MF get pre-rinsed in a bucket with APC+. I have 4 tiers of MF: Drying towels, wax removal towels, "clean" misc. use (jambs, glass, polish clean-up) and "dirty" misc. use (for anything, disposable).

nightstalker 6
05-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Hot Hot Hot. And a Large enough load size to wash the towels. just like your clothes. Dry them in the clothes dryer also. No softner or anti static stuff in the dryer either.

Mike has a great tech post on here about MF towels You could search it or look on hs techniques page. I think thats where I saw It.

Jenn1270
05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Can you add some APC+ or Zep citrus degreaser to the load to help with the really dirty stuff that never seems to get good and clean?

Jenn

Rsurfer
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Can you add some APC+ or Zep citrus degreaser to the load to help with the really dirty stuff that never seems to get good and clean?

JennJenn for the really dirty stuff, just soak in a bucket for a day or two and then give it a quick rinse with hot water then machine wash with reg. detergent.

richy
05-06-2010, 04:13 PM

Jenn

Not if you have a front loader. I presoak with Zep if I need to then rinse them out and wring them out. (I have a front loader and they're sensitive to soap and suds levels). The vinegar makes all the difference too.

Jenn1270
05-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Jenn for the really dirty stuff, just soak in a bucket for a day or two and then give it a quick rinse with hot water then machine wash with reg. detergent.

I guess that $1.50 bucket I picked up at Wally World how has a use.

Not if you have a front loader. I presoak with Zep if I need to then rinse them out and wring them out. (I have a front loader and they're sensitive to soap and suds levels). The vinegar makes all the difference too.

I have a front loader as well. How much vinegar do you use and for your Zep "pre-soak" what kind of dilution do you use?

Jenn