PDA

View Full Version : I need an OTC foam pad cleaner ASAP - any recommendations?

m4gician
05-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys,

I use Snappy pad Cleaner from LC as well as the red Pinnacle XMT spray pad cleaner, now I know that they're not super expensive or rare or whatever, it's just I don't have a week or whatever it takes to ship them to me to get all my pads clean and dry for another few jobs I have coming up.

I need to know what is a good/better safe, and effective substitute I can get from my local Wal-Mart for example?

I prefer a spray kind, but I mean, I wouldn't mind soaking them in hot water with some stuff and then rinsing/spraying them, please let me know AGO :)

Lasthope05
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
All products that are marketed specifically for pads or microfibers are just your regular run of the mill degreaser. I like using Zep Citrus Degreser 10:1 found at your local homedepot.

m4gician
05-05-2010, 04:57 PM
All products that are marketed specifically for pads or microfibers are just your regular run of the mill degreaser. I like using Zep Citrus Degreser 10:1 found at your local homedepot.

Citrus Degreaser cut 10:1? For spray or for soaking? I'll pick up a gallon of Zep in that case.

Black Bart
05-05-2010, 04:59 PM
I have LC pads that are 6 years old and they have never been cleaned with anything but dawn dish soap.

My pads are just as clean as when they were new.

ziggo99
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Some say Dawn Power Dissolver works great, but I have not used it personally.

DARK HORSE
05-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Dawn (PD) Power Dissolver works GREAT and can be purchased a Wal mart cheap!!

Lasthope05
05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Citrus Degreaser cut 10:1? For spray or for soaking? I'll pick up a gallon of Zep in that case.

I use it for spraying. As other have others I've used regular dawn and dawn power dissolver and both have worked great also. It's good to have a bottle of zep citrus with you anyways. Makes a good tire/wheel and engine cleaner at 4:1. Also like to throw in and oz or two when washing microfibers.

ScottB
05-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I still prefer the DP Pad Rejuvinator ... maybe its the citrus design, but effective and size is right to make little or big buckets as needed. I too have heard and been suggested Power Resolve by Dawn. (wife says is great on pots/pans)

Black Bart
05-06-2010, 08:19 AM
I still prefer the DP Pad Rejuvinator ... maybe its the citrus design, but effective and size is right to make little or big buckets as needed. I too have heard and been suggested Power Resolve by Dawn. (wife says is great on pots/pans)
A lot cheaper too.
Listen to your wife she knows best.

AV8R
05-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I've been using Simple Green. Maybe 1-2 ounces in 3-4 gallons of hot/warm water. Squeeze them a few times then let them sit for 10 minutes. Squeeze a few more times, rinse and dry by rolling up tightly in a MF towel. Rinses cleaner a lot faster than anything with soap in it and pads look like new when done with what I consider to be very little effort.

richy
05-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Aaron, Dawn PD works great but I find it caustic to breathe. I use Zep Citrus at 4:1 (the same spray I use for wheel wells, etc). It is great stuff, cheap ($12/gallon) and available locally. If you have not been turned onto the Zep line yet, let me fill you in. Citrus is an amazing APC and cheap. Zep pro glass cleaner (the green one) is also about $12/gallon and can be cut 32:1!! Their High Traffic Lane Cleaner is also a good carpet stain remover. Let me know how you like them.

m4gician
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Aaron, Dawn PD works great but I find it caustic to breathe. I use Zep Citrus at 4:1 (the same spray I use for wheel wells, etc). It is great stuff, cheap ($12/gallon) and available locally. If you have not been turned onto the Zep line yet, let me fill you in. Citrus is an amazing APC and cheap. Zep pro glass cleaner (the green one) is also about $12/gallon and can be cut 32:1!! Their High Traffic Lane Cleaner is also a good carpet stain remover. Let me know how you like them.

Heh heh,

Of course Richy, I'm using the High Traffic Lane cleaner because it's enzyme based and has a nice smell to it. Zep is phenomenal value from Home Depot, i'll be stopping by there after work to grab a gallon of the citrus stuff. Soak them in warm water + spray 4:1.

As well, or the high trafficcleaner, what's my dilution ratio? I may have to use them on carpets for Saturday.

richy
05-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Heh heh,

Of course Richy, I'm using the High Traffic Lane cleaner because it's enzyme based and has a nice smell to it. Zep is phenomenal value from Home Depot, i'll be stopping by there after work to grab a gallon of the citrus stuff. Soak them in warm water + spray 4:1.

As well, or the high trafficcleaner, what's my dilution ratio? I may have to use them on carpets for Saturday.

That one I use straight up bud...no dilution. Just make sure to extract well. (I'm pretty sure I remember you have a LGM, right?)

daveinsweethome
05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
hey guys i am looking for the perfect shampoo for my extractor. i want no suds but killer cleaning. what do you suggest?