PDA

View Full Version : Winter / Inclement Weather

BimmerFerret
05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey all,

For those of us who live in locations with cold to very cold winters and times when weather can be a burden, what do you do to keep your business going? Do you offer certain specials you think would be attractive for your customer?

Just curious, I am projecting a decent summer when I start advertising, but as I told my fiance: "Winter is the real test for me!"

John

j994k
05-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Talk to the used car lots, and check the local dealers. Even the big dealers with on site recon may have special cars that they want premium product/work done on. Our local dealers kept our little shop hopping all through the cold Kansas winter.

BimmerFerret
05-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Great suggestion! Thanks man.

AV8R
05-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Have you thought about talking to the better body shops or luxo dealerships in your area? Take some 50/50 photos with you along with a single sheet "pitch" showing your services and pricing. Maybe consider doing something with a monthly fee (retainer) that allows them to send you up to nn number of cars. Get creative. I'd try to work on less margin over the winter to build good will and get referrals.

BimmerFerret
05-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Have you thought about talking to the better body shops or luxo dealerships in your area? Take some 50/50 photos with you along with a single sheet "pitch" showing your services and pricing. Maybe consider doing something with a monthly fee (retainer) that allows them to send you up to nn number of cars. Get creative. I'd try to work on less margin over the winter to build good will and get referrals.
Awesome idea... I definitely will consider doing this!