PDA

View Full Version : what makes you different

Pages : [1] 2

Streamlinekusto
05-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I think it is important for every business to to have something special about them that separates them from the competition.whats your special niche? I have noticed that offering "the best service in town" isn't enough. I offer my experience in auto painting, and use my knowledge of auto paint to separate myself from the pack. there are not many auto detailers out there that offer custom painted rims, and tinted tail lights, I am also learning to pinstripe the ol school way. I think that will really put the competition beneath my feet. lol. Anyway what do you do to stand apart from the competition, and how do you deliver it to the customer ?
STREAMLINE KUSTOMZ Custom painted rims, smoke tail lights, and more...(504)252-9626 (New Orleans mobile detailing) (http://sites.google.com/site/neworleansmobiledetailing/)

detailjohn
05-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Free loaner cars, and true paint correction. Boutique waxes and nano sealants.

John

ScottB
05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Referrals will often pay the most in return. Good quality referrals and clients willing to offer others their experience.

Streamlinekusto
05-04-2010, 03:24 PM
That's what I'm talking about, who offers loaner cars at no charge?:xyxthumbs: What exactly is "true" paint correction? do you re paint if necessary? Boutique and nano chemicals can be expensive, do ever come across a customer that doesn't want to pay the top dollar price, just because you use the best materials?

Free loaner cars, and true paint correction. Boutique waxes and nano sealants.

John

detailjohn
05-04-2010, 03:38 PM
That's what I'm talking about, who offers loaner cars at no charge?:xyxthumbs: What exactly is "true" paint correction? do you re paint if necessary? Boutique and nano chemicals can be expensive, do ever come across a customer that doesn't want to pay the top dollar price, just because you use the best materials?

Thank you. All the time. That's when we give a referral to another local detail shop. The customers who can't really afford a detail are the ones who will try to complain about anything possible.

Streamlinekusto
05-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah thats true.

Thank you. All the time. That's when we give a referral to another local detail shop. The customers who can't really afford a detail are the ones who will try to complain about anything possible.

Xcessiv
05-05-2010, 06:18 AM
I always do overtime on the cars. I first fix a range and then work until I'm fully satisfied. This sometimes require 4-5 hours of overtime out of 16-18 hours, but when the customer does a final inspection and finds out that I didn't stop working until I was fully satisfied (ie not for money), this brings 3 other customers from referral so this 4-5 hours is in fact an investment.

Stupid example that takes 30 minutes...
http://xcessiv.net/images/21/Finition05.jpg
http://xcessiv.net/images/18/Grill02.jpg

Showroom Shine
07-05-2010, 11:09 AM
The special niche for Showroom Shine Auto Detailing,besides Our Detail truck. Is the fact that " We Come To you" with water,pressure washer, heated extractor,steamer,generator,compressor,buffers,pro ducts,and micros. All in an enclosed Cadillac EXT. When we roll up you will be suprised at what we are able to do,and the equipment We carry!

Bunky
07-05-2010, 03:12 PM
The special niche for Showroom Shine Auto Detailing,besides Our Detail truck. Is the fact that " We Come To you" with water,pressure washer, heated extractor,steamer,generator,compressor,buffers,pro ducts,and micros. All in an enclosed Cadillac EXT. When we roll up you will be suprised at what we are able to do,and the equipment We carry!

Show us some pics. I bet the Caddy is nicely detailed.

eversio
07-06-2010, 01:14 PM
:iagree:

I'd love to see some interior shots of how you manage to squeeze that all in there! You must be really good at Tetris :xyxthumbs:

JohnHenry
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I always do overtime on the cars. I first fix a range and then work until I'm fully satisfied. This sometimes require 4-5 hours of overtime out of 16-18 hours, but when the customer does a final inspection and finds out that I didn't stop working until I was fully satisfied (ie not for money), this brings 3 other customers from referral so this 4-5 hours is in fact an investment.

Stupid example that takes 30 minutes...
http://xcessiv.net/images/21/Finition05.jpg

Nice! That's the stuff that gets referrals.

O.C.Detailing
07-10-2010, 11:12 PM
lol Funny enough...I actually suffer from O.C.D., so being able to actually use a disorder constructively seems to interest my clients very much. My willingness to share and teach all of my techniques and such is something that sets me apart. It lets my customers know that yes, I charge a lot, but everything I do is available for them to do themselves. Once they realize how much time, effort and knowledge is involved with "true detailing", then they almost throw money at me sometimes...I have one customer who just paid me $200 to ONLY WASH 2 of his cars...yeah, just an exterior wash, that's it. My lowest service that usually costs $35 for each car, he paid me $200. :\ Needless to say, he could call me at 3am anytime and I'd come running to assist him with pretty much anything he needed.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels
07-15-2010, 11:31 AM
lol Funny enough...I actually suffer from O.C.D., so being able to actually use a disorder constructively seems to interest my clients very much. My willingness to share and teach all of my techniques and such is something that sets me apart. It lets my customers know that yes, I charge a lot, but everything I do is available for them to do themselves. Once they realize how much time, effort and knowledge is involved with "true detailing", then they almost throw money at me sometimes...I have one customer who just paid me $200 to ONLY WASH 2 of his cars...yeah, just an exterior wash, that's it. My lowest service that usually costs $35 for each car, he paid me $200. : Needless to say, he could call me at 3am anytime and I'd come running to assist him with pretty much anything he needed.

wow $200 huh...WHAT exactly did you do when you washed it lol?
Thats a very nice tip. Ive received some pretty good tips before, but not on just a wash, thats usually the $5 tip range lol.

Flash Gordon
07-15-2010, 12:57 PM

:iagree:

I'd love to see some interior shots of how you manage to squeeze that all in there! You must be really good at Tetris :xyxthumbs:

x3 on Caddy pics :hungry:

What seperates me from the rest is that I am better then them Im the MAN

ASPHALT ROCKET
07-15-2010, 08:43 PM
x3 on Caddy pics :hungry:

What seperates me from the rest is that I am better then them Im the MAN

Flash hit the nail on the head, that is why I am better I am better than anyone else.