PDA

View Full Version : Help with how many of what pads I need!

maximus20895
04-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Okay, here is the deal. I am going to purchase 2 sets of the 6 pack LC 5.5 Flat pads (whenever the orange and white are back in stock)

This brings the total to ..you guessed it..12 pads. I am having the hardest of problems deciding on how many of what pad should I buy. This problem has actually been going on for a week or two if you can believe it :)

I am not a detailer by any means. I am just going to detail my car and possibly my parents' car if they are nice and say please.

I have a new Honda which I have heard that it has somewhat soft paint from multiple people so I have been keeping that in mind.

From the previous statement along with the condition the car is currently in I am not considering the yellow cutting pad. The rest of the pads; orange, white, black and blue are the ones I am having a hard time with.

Another thing is that I am having a hard time with is the difference between the black and blue pad. I heard that the black pad might possibly remove slight holograms and if not, at the very least it is more aggressive than the blue even though you can use both to apply waxes, sealants, glaze etc.

So bottom line being is that I need (okay want) 12 LC 5.5 Flat pads, but I don't know how many of which ones to get.

I'll even give you guys something to copy and paste so you can just put the number in :)

--------------------------------

Orange:

White:

Black:

Blue:

---------------------------------

Thanks everyone for your time and knowledge :props:

JonMiles
04-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Orange: 4

White: 3

Black: 3

Blue: 2

That would be my choice, taking into account that most my work will be done with 105/205 and 85rd. So I would use orange to cut, white to polish out buffer lines, and black to finish with menz, then the blue would be strictly for application of sealant.

maximus20895
04-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Ah okay thanks :)

I don't have any menz, but I will be using 105/205 :)

Thanks once again :) There are too many smileys.

JonMiles
04-30-2010, 08:13 PM
105 on orange, 205 on white, then follow with 205 on black will give you awesome results if you have some blemishes. Often times you will not need 105 but its a deadly weapon to have in your arsenal. Remember start with the least aggressive and work up.

A4 1.8tqm
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
:iagree: Looks like Jon has you all set. :xyxthumbs:

...and possibly my parents' car if they are nice and say please.

:laughing:

ScottB
04-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I usually suggest two of each per car ...

maximus20895
04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. My birthday is coming up so this is what I'll be getting :)

Any idea when you'll have the LC flat 5.5 pads ?