PDA

View Full Version : M105 + different finishing polish (not M205)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Capa1970
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
I've followed M105/UC with PO106fa, Final Polish II and PO85rd. They all finished down very nicely after the cutting compounds.

Several of you have posted that you follow M105 or UC with PO85rd. In a separate thread I mentioned this combo and a lot of people felt that it needed to be a 3 step process and I needed a polish in between those two. Of course, UC finishes down really well and I felt that I could get away with a 2 step process. What pads do you all use for that 2 step process?

To the OP, as several have mentioned, any finishing polish would be fine. I have followed UC with Griot's 3 with great results. I have also followed UC with Menz PO85rd and then Duragloss 501 and the result was fantastic.

jaymz
07-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Megs Ultimate Polish works great.

Jim

richy
07-11-2011, 09:37 AM
I personally love 205 but Ultrafina by 3M is another (milder) choice that is not a glaze.

as2ortiz
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Hello,

I just bought some 105 that I plan on using this weekend. Does anyone know if it can be followed up with a different product besides M205. I am particularly interested in using Wolgang Finishing Glaze with it. Your thoughts are appreciated.

I did an Acura TSX 2010 with pretty bad shape paint. I used M105, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Blackfire Wet Look Sealant with Polycharge and Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on top of it. Beleived me when I tell you that I didn't know that M105 was this good. I also try Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 but wasn't doing the job for me this time. I got pictures if you want to see the results. The owner told me that it was a diamond look. :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Bigbull2984
08-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I did an Acura TSX 2010 with pretty bad shape paint. I used M105, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Blackfire Wet Look Sealant with Polycharge and Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax on top of it. Beleived me when I tell you that I didn't know that M105 was this good. I also try Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 but wasn't doing the job for me this time. I got pictures if you want to see the results. The owner told me that it was a diamond look. :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs:

Pic please. What color Tsx?

ynkssws6
08-21-2012, 07:57 AM
I used m105 and polished with Griot's number 3 on my WS6 worked great.

kemefk
08-21-2012, 08:49 AM
If you want to stick with Meguiars, you could use M83 (Dual Action Polish Cleaner) or M82 (Swirl-Free Polish). I personally use M83 and it comes out perfect.

Drew847
09-08-2012, 11:15 AM
105 folled with a LC Grey pad, with Menernza 83Q (or w/e its called now). Works perfect with NO holograms or spider webbing.

ARizzle
09-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Has anyone tried M105 followed by P21S Paintwork Gloss Enhancer?

Mike Phillips
09-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Has anyone tried M105 followed by P21S Paintwork Gloss Enhancer?

P21S is non-abrasive so if theirs any haze or marring left by the M105 the P21S will mask it and make it look better but it's not going to remove it.

Keep in mind everyone's different, some people don't care if the surface if perfect as long as it LOOKS perfect and for these people masking and waxing is a perfectly fine path to their expectations for a finish.

I have a chapter in my how-to book that talks about this called

What's your goal? (http://www.autogeek.net/art-of-detailing-paperback-book.html)

You need to know what your goal is in order to reach it.

:)

ARizzle
09-19-2012, 07:22 AM
P21S is non-abrasive so if theirs any haze or marring left by the M105 the P21S will mask it and make it look better but it's not going to remove it.

Keep in mind everyone's different, some people don't care if the surface if perfect as long as it LOOKS perfect and for these people masking and waxing is a perfectly fine path to their expectations for a finish.

I have a chapter in my how-to book that talks about this called

What's your goal? (http://www.autogeek.net/art-of-detailing-paperback-book.html)

You need to know what your goal is in order to reach it.

Thanks Mike, and I will look in your book at that chapter! Depending on if there is marring or a light haze left over, would it make sense to use M105, followed by M205/WG Finishing Glaze, then followed by P21S?

addysdaddy
09-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I use Menz super finish! Same thing....Works great. OPT hyper polish also works great!

Ditto that - love the Opti hyper spray polish after M105!!

Mike Phillips
09-19-2012, 09:19 AM
Depending on if there is marring or a light haze left over, would it make sense to use M105, followed by M205/WG Finishing Glaze, then followed by P21S?

Actually, after M105 a good product is the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, this is a Medium Cut Polish that finishes our really nice and is similar to the Menzerna SI 1500

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/47067-menzerna-new-names-product-numbers.html)

After that you could use the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze which is similar to the Menzerna SF 4000

Any of the Fine Cut or Ultra Fine Cut Menzerna polishes are pro-grade. Watch this video...

Menzerna USA Polishes and Compounds TV Commercial

Menzerna USA Polishes and..." target="_blank">Menzerna USA Polishes and...

:xyxthumbs:

Mike Phillips
09-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Ditto that - love the Opti hyper spray polish after M105!!

I would agree with this too, both the Hyper-Polish and the Optimum Polish II and Optimum Finish are pro-grade, top quality, excellent finishing out polishes.

Meguiar's makes the best compound on the market right now, but Menzerna and Optimum make the best polishes.

ARizzle
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Actually, after M105 a good product is the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover, this is a Medium Cut Polish that finishes our really nice and is similar to the Menzerna SI 1500

Menzerna - New Names and Product Numbers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/47067-menzerna-new-names-product-numbers.html)

After that you could use the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze which is similar to the Menzerna SF 4000

Any of the Fine Cut or Ultra Fine Cut Menzerna polishes are pro-grade. Watch this video...

Menzerna USA Polishes and Compounds TV Commercial

Menzerna USA Polishes and..." target="_blank">Menzerna USA Polishes and... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqlbiP5CeqA&hd=1)

:xyxthumbs:

Sounds good Mike, only "Problem" I have is that as an amateur, I do not know which Compounds go with polishes, so an example...I have the following products: WG Total Swirl Remover, M105, M205, Menzerna FF 3000, Scratch X, P21S Gloss-Enhancing Paintwork Cleanser, and WG DGPS... and where my "inexperience" comes from is not knowing which products to match up with each other?

Thanks Mike, and be sure to check out a thread of my Arsenal of Products accumulated from AG, eshine, and various other companies (95% from AG btw :laughing: :props: I just got to search and figure out how to post pics.