PDA

View Full Version : Which auto shampoo should I get?

yeyo82
04-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Hey guys newbie here. I'm not sure which shampoo to get for my car. I see a lot of products and don't know what the differences are and what are good or best. Thanks in advanced for the any comments. Feed back please

trhland
04-30-2010, 04:55 AM
there all good really. but i prefure pinnacles bodywork shampoo....

Tex
04-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Hey guys newbie here. I'm not sure which shampoo to get for my car. I see a lot of products and don't know what the differences are and what are good or best. Thanks in advanced for the any comments. Feed back please
I have had very good luck with DP products, both the Auto Bath for a regular shampoo and the Rinseless Wash and Gloss for a rinseless version. I also like the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo.
That said, Pinnacle XMT is on BOGO and if I needed shampoo, I would go for that:xyxthumbs:

Irish
04-30-2010, 06:52 AM
I use Chemical Guys Glossworkz for maintenance washing almost exclusively these days. I do have a soft spot for Optimum Car Wash though. Smells like blueberries, thick suds, good lubricity, and only $12 for a 32oz. I use 2oz to 3 gallons of water. 16 washes for $12 isn't bad at all. AG offers so many discounts I find myself ordering it just to have a change of pace.

Red Orc
04-30-2010, 08:15 AM
I have had very good luck with DP products, both the Auto Bath for a regular shampoo and the Rinseless Wash and Gloss for a rinseless version. I also like the Meguiars Gold Class shampoo.
That said, Pinnacle XMT is on BOGO and if I needed shampoo, I would go for that:xyxthumbs:

Yeah but it's only a 12 ounce bottle. 24 ounces for $13.
If you get 4 bottles that's 48 ounces for $26
If you get 6 bottles that's 72 ounces for $38
OR
For $30 you could get the 64 ounce bottle...
I've always thought it would make more sense to make the sale Buy one 64 ounce bottle and get one (or two?) 12 ounce bottle free.
The BOGO on the 12 ounce bottle only makes sense if you're experimenting

jzuniga01
04-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah but it's only a 12 ounce bottle. 24 ounces for $13.
If you get 4 bottles that's 48 ounces for $26
If you get 6 bottles that's 72 ounces for $38
OR
For $30 you could get the 64 ounce bottle...
I've always thought it would make more sense to make the sale Buy one 64 ounce bottle and get one (or two?) 12 ounce bottle free.
The BOGO on the 12 ounce bottle only makes sense if you're experimenting
:iagree:

dublifecrisis
04-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Optimum is a very nice shampoo for someone looking to venture out to a boutique wash product.

Emile
04-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I like DP Xtreme Foam Formula; tons of foam, excellent cleaning, and gentle on my existing paint protection.

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds is an excellent shampoo as well.

Optimum Car Wash is a great shampoo with a low up-front cost, but is only 1oz per gallon of water. DP Xtreme Foam and Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds are 1oz per 2 gallons of water so I only buy Optimum Car Wash when it's on sale....otherwise, I would rather spend a little more up front and have it last me longer down the road.

ScottB
04-30-2010, 10:28 AM
OPtimum, Duragloss, Poorboys and Griots make great soaps. I do prefer Pinnacle Soap on carnaubas specifically.

Meghan
04-30-2010, 11:17 AM
I love DP Xtreme~

trhland
04-30-2010, 03:35 PM
d/p is great too!!!!!!:xyxthumbs:

Lasthope05
04-30-2010, 04:04 PM
I like DP Xtreme Foam Formula; tons of foam, excellent cleaning, and gentle on my existing paint protection.

Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds is an excellent shampoo as well.

Optimum Car Wash is a great shampoo with a low up-front cost, but is only 1oz per gallon of water. DP Xtreme Foam and Poorboy's Super Slick & Suds are 1oz per 2 gallons of water so I only buy Optimum Car Wash when it's on sale....otherwise, I would rather spend a little more up front and have it last me longer down the road.

Optimum Car Wash is super concentrated. Directions say to use 1oz or less. I use it at 1/2oz per gal and sometimes I feel that is even too much.

Post 11.
Optimum Car Wash - DetailCity.org - Auto Detailing & Car Detailing Forum (http://www.detailcity.org/forums/optimum-polymer-technologies-sponsored-forum/28441-optimum-car-wash.html)

yeyo82
04-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Wow I guess they're all pretty good just up to your preference and price. Thanks for the input guess I'll start trying them out to see which I prefer.

Bunky
05-01-2010, 06:05 AM
there all good really. but i pref).ure pinnacles bodywork shampoo....

I had asked this before but forget where I asked. What dilution do you use? The AG web site says 1 ounce for 3 to 4 gallons and the bottle says 1-2 ounces per bucket (web site adds to use 5 gallon bucket).

So this says at most 1/3 oz per gallon but up to 1/5 ounce per gallon.

trhland
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I had asked this before but forget where I asked. What dilution do you use? The AG web site says 1 ounce for 3 to 4 gallons and the bottle says 1-2 ounces per bucket (web site adds to use 5 gallon bucket).

So this says at most 1/3 oz per gallon but up to 1/5 ounce per gallon.

what i do is i have the gallon. with the pump installed.. i give 3 pumps in my 5 gallon wash bucket which is 3 ounces . then fill it halfway.. this works perfect forme .been doing this for years now...