PDA

View Full Version : not a PC, but some questions anyways

Kelso
10-27-2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/bo6040.html

ok that link is for the makita DA and rotary polisher. kind of like the festool or whatever it is that im sure some of you have heard about. i didnt even know makita made one but i havent heard anything about this tool! could someone tell me a little more about this if youve heard good or bad comments, used it yourself....

and can this be used with edge pads

Totoland Mach
10-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Kelso: I have a Festool Rotex 150 FEQ on order and should have it by mid-week next week. It is similar to the Makita in that it is a combo random orbital and rotary.

I had a brief tryout in St. Louis of the Rotex at the distributor there and was thoroughly impressed with the construction and operation of the tool.

As soon as I get it, I'll post some pics both static and in action.

Toto

Kelso
10-27-2006, 08:57 PM
i remember you mentioning something, really looking for your review on that one.

ScottB
10-28-2006, 06:41 AM
The thing that worries me about these "all in one" type buffers is speed. For instance you run a PC at full tilt for polishing (around 6000 rpms) and you usually run a rotary (1000-1200 rpms) to safely remove defects. In the Makita the speed is adjustible from 1600rpms to 5800 rpms. It fits in the middle obviously, but not necessarily where most have found the greatest benefit. I prefer my Hitachi Rotary and PC and spent less than the Makita for both.

BILL
10-28-2006, 07:53 AM
I AGREE.......Also you'll probably use the orbitor more ofter than the rotary, there are good inexpensive rotaries you can buy for real problem solving

Kelso
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
The thing that worries me about these "all in one" type buffers is speed. For instance you run a PC at full tilt for polishing (around 6000 rpms) and you usually run a rotary (1000-1200 rpms) to safely remove defects. In the Makita the speed is adjustible from 1600rpms to 5800 rpms. It fits in the middle obviously, but not necessarily where most have found the greatest benefit. I prefer my Hitachi Rotary and PC and spent less than the Makita for both.

just the type of input was looking for! ill just go ahead with a regular rotary when the time comes