PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the carpet

NiSyam
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey guys

Is there a product that will help loose dirty ? im not talking about stains in particular but just dirt in general. I usually spend a lot of time with my vacuum but it seems like i never get rid of the dirty a 100%.

thanks guys

JonMiles
04-27-2010, 10:11 PM
foam cleaners lift the dirt well, so does a brush

NiSyam
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
I remember watching a video of guy that would spray a product and just let it sit for 10-15 mins to loosen the dirt before using the vacuum. I tried looking in the store but couldnt find any

thanks for the input1

JonMiles
04-27-2010, 11:20 PM
grab yourself some otc carpet cleaner like power out or tuff stuff, they will lift dirt just fine.

rohnramirez
04-27-2010, 11:45 PM
i dry vacuum the carpet with a brush attachment, then i spray on some carpet shampoo agitate it a bit with a brush, move to a different area while i let it sit for 5-10mins, return and vacuum it again, then rinse it with some water twice. Always worked for me, i do the same thing for fabric headliners. I get all the dirt out in this process. But i still use a spot stain remover for stubborn stains. Just make sure you use a carpet/upholstery shampoo that doesn't leave unsafe residue. The one i use also has an anti-bacterial content in it.

richy
04-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Most people don't vacuum their carpet long enough. Do it in several directions and after each direction, use a stiff brush to agitate it. You'll be amazed at what gets trapped deep inside the carpet. If you use chemicals on it, make sure you extract them out. Soap that has not been totally removed actually attracts dirt making it look awful in a short period of time after. You can also neutralize the soap with vinegar. Just don't soak the carpet...use any liquid very sparingly, other than the mats that you can put outside in the sun.