PDA

View Full Version : Other products

CBlack
04-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Feed back please

I've read through I don't know how many threads and posts on this forum and my brain is information overload.

I'm curious as to which other products I should purchase for personal care of our vehicles.

Due to an accident, my bride purchased a 2010, Black Ford Escape with cloth interior.

I have an older model, silver Dodge Ram that is in need of a paint job on about half of the vehicle.

My goals for the vehicles are to keep hers looking new and pristine.

Since my truck does need a paint job, I just want to keep the good paint in decent looking shape until I can fork out $4000+ for a paint job. The interior of mine is in excellent condition with the exception of a few spots.

Products in hand are:
Megs Gold Class Shampoo
Megs NXT 2.0 Paste Wax
Megs QD with clay bar
Various glass cleaners, one of which is sold on AG (can't remember name...black can, yellow cap)
Mr Clean autodry - used only for spray down, rinse and spotless rinse (Flame away, but I have never had spots when using it)
OTC MF bone

Recently ordered and received, thanks AG!:
16 oz. Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant
Clean Vent Kit
32 oz. DP Total Interior Cleaner w/Sprayer
Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub brush
Vinyl & Leather Scrub Brush
Clean Wheel Lug Nut Brush
32 oz. DP Cleanse-All Exterior Cleaner w/Sprayer
The Grit Guard Insert Blue
16 oz. Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator

I know I need more MF.

For the NXT 2.0, I bought that more for my truck than my brides.

Any input would be much appreciated.

:)

Mike Phillips
04-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Feed back please

I've read through I don't know how many threads and posts on this forum and my brain is information overload.

Information overload is a good thing and a bad thing, suffice to say at least you know where you can go to get good, helpful content even if there's an abundance of it.

Since my truck does need a paint job, I just want to keep the good paint in decent looking shape until I can fork out $4000+ for a paint job.

Sounds like the bad portions of paint on your truck either have clear coat failure or on their way to clear coat failure.

Regardless, keep any good paint clean, clayed, polished and waxed and that's about all any of us can do to preserver our vehicle's paint outside of parking them under cover.

Sounds like you have a great collection of products to maintain both vehicles, the most important aspect of keeping a new car looking new is to put the car on a regular maintenance program in much the same way you're supposed to change the oil in your car's engines on a regular basis.

For the new car, wash as often as needed to keep the exterior clean and free from dirt and road grime.

Clay when needed, after washing and drying, feel the paint with your clean hand and if you feel above surface bonded contaminants, use detailing clay to remove them. IF you're unsure as to how to use detailing clay watch this video.

How detailing clay works and how to use detailing clay to remove above surface bonded contaminants (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/ascg-videos/clay-bar.html)

Then keep a good coat of wax or paint sealant on the paint and keep any exterior rubber or plastic trim treated with a U.V. protecting dressing. Same thing for the tires, find a tire dressing you like with a good reputation and keep it applied to the face of the tires to help preserve them but to complete the the picture of keeping a new car looking new.

For interior, keep those cloth seats vacuumed often and remove any stains as fast as possible versus letting any offending liquids dry into the material. Keep the floors vacuumed and then treat any vinyl or leathers surfaces with a dressing to preserve, protect and maintain that "new car look".

Frequent car care is easy car care...

:)

CBlack
04-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the input. Do you have any product recommendations? For my wife's car I was considering Pinnacle Souveran. For Tires?

Yes, my truck has a failure of not only clear coat but of the paint itself. Late model Dodge Rams are notorious for this. Aggravating to say the least.

Old Tiger
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Optimum Opti Bond is the best I have tried yet. It yields a deep satin finish.