PDA

View Full Version : Best waxes for colors

Pages : [1] 2

SATracker
04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
I read through the Pinnacle wax products and they indicate, "all colors", "best on light colors", "best on red, black, dark colors". Is there a chart that indicates this information for the various waxes which AG carries? Or, how much of a difference does it really make?

CEE DOG
04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
That would actually be a neat idea. A chart would be very cool! In general it really doesn't make much difference. Of course there are exceptions.

termigator
04-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a good idea initially, but IMO, it's way too subjective and I'll guarantee there will be many heated debates until the chart/thread will ultimately get closed down.

Just for fun, I'll start with a few:;)

Pinnacle Souveran: Great for black and red.
Meguiar's M26: Great for black and red.
S100: Great for metallics.
3M Show Car Paste Wax: Great for black and red.
Wolfgang Paint Sealant: Great for dark metallics (just my experience).

ScottB
04-26-2010, 09:16 PM
I can tell you that P21S 100%, Nattys Red, Fuzion, Pinnacle SSII, Dodo Hard Candy and more look delicious on colors and metallics.

Rsurfer
04-26-2010, 09:46 PM
I can tell you that P21S 100%, Nattys Red, Fuzion, Pinnacle SSII, Dodo Hard Candy and more look delicious on colors and metallics.
Delicious on what colors Scott?

SATracker
04-26-2010, 10:27 PM
I asked the question because my daughter's 1990, red civic, Optimum spray wax just doesn't work. the prep is: wash, clay, Megs 105, 205, Menzerna final polish, Klasse AIO, Wolfgang Sealant and, originally, Pinnacle Souveran. I washed the car down w/ ONR (which is great stuff), used Optimum Spray wax & it just didn't look right. I rewashed, re-waxed w/Pinnacle Souveran and totally different look.

PAR Detailing
04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I asked the question because my daughter's 1990, red civic, Optimum spray wax just doesn't work. the prep is: wash, clay, Megs 105, 205, Menzerna final polish, Klasse AIO, Wolfgang Sealant and, originally, Pinnacle Souveran. I washed the car down w/ ONR (which is great stuff), used Optimum Spray wax & it just didn't look right. I rewashed, re-waxed w/Pinnacle Souveran and totally different look.

If you are looking for something that you can apply often that will make the car look good but wont break your bank i would look into nattys red or maxwax. I absolutely love both of those and both look great. they are also a breeze to apply and remove too. You can apply those often and it still wont cost you very much to do it and the care will still look stunning

termigator
04-26-2010, 11:28 PM
I have a 1996 red Prelude VTEC. If you're looking for a stunning look for the red (After polishing, of course) on a budget, try either M26, Natty's Blue or S100. I've had all of them on my Prelude at one point or another and they all looked great. M26 was the hardest to apply and remove, whereas Natty's Blue and S100 were both very easy to apply and remove.

Matt
04-27-2010, 07:12 AM
P21s 100% defiantly looks spectacular on metallics, the best I've seen on metallics in ***my opinion***

Liquid Souveran looks very wet and glossy on whites too.

Paste form Souveran for solid (non metallic) colours like reds, blacks and yellows.

ramar
04-27-2010, 07:34 AM
I have a 2010 Syber Green Camaro, 3 weeks old to me anyway. First question is when do I give it it's 1st wax? And 2nd since it is an odd color, kind of metallic, what wax would be suggested. Thanks

Meghan
04-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Well IMO prep is the key to any color, but after good prep I would go with Pinnacle Signature Series II on metallics, Liquid Souveran on whites and or lights, and Souveran Paste on darks... Just my .02

A4 1.8tqm
04-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Well IMO prep is the key to any color, but after good prep I would go with Pinnacle Signature Series II on metallics, Liquid Souveran on whites and or lights, and Souveran Paste on darks... Just my .02
:iagree:

I have a 2010 Syber Green Camaro, 3 weeks old to me anyway. First question is when do I give it it's 1st wax? And 2nd since it is an odd color, kind of metallic, what wax would be suggested. Thanks

First wax? Yesterday :D

Inexpensive- DP Max Wax
Boutique- Wolfgang Fuzion
Over the counter- Autoglym HD Wax

termigator
04-27-2010, 08:22 AM

You should wax it immediately. Who knows how long it's been sitting in the dealer parking lot with no protection before you bought it.

For dark metallics, I like either Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I also like DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant a lot too. I usually don't care about durability, but because AG claims it's extremely durable, I'm currently testing it on my wife's DD. After three weeks, it's been holding up quite well.

ramar
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
You should wax it immediately. Who knows how long it's been sitting in the dealer parking lot with no protection before you bought it.

For dark metallics, I like either Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. I also like DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant a lot too. I usually don't care about durability, but because AG claims it's extremely durable, I'm currently testing it on my wife's DD. After three weeks, it's been holding up quite well.

The Green is a light/bright color. Not that it matters but Chevy is only making that Camaro Feb. to May of 2010, Limited Edition. I bought it before it was preped by the dealer. So didn't know how long I should wait before waxing. Since then/my original post) I have given the car 2 coats of Meguires NXT Tech .02 wax. I'm not 100% satisiefed with the look of the finished product. Car looks good but want a deeper wetter shine. So what would you suggest? Also what towels do you use to dry your cars and buff off the wax if hand waxing? I love this car and unfortunately didn't keep my Chevy SSR's paint in good condition, I did everything wrong. This car I want to do everything right and keep the paint beautiful and shiney.

WRAPT C5Z06
05-24-2010, 08:43 PM
FK1000P is supposed to look great on light metallics! :xyxthumbs: