PDA

View Full Version : Best waxes for colors

Pages : 1 [2]

termigator
05-25-2010, 06:45 AM
The Green is a light/bright color. Not that it matters but Chevy is only making that Camaro Feb. to May of 2010, Limited Edition. I bought it before it was preped by the dealer. So didn't know how long I should wait before waxing. Since then/my original post) I have given the car 2 coats of Meguires NXT Tech .02 wax. I'm not 100% satisiefed with the look of the finished product. Car looks good but want a deeper wetter shine. So what would you suggest? Also what towels do you use to dry your cars and buff off the wax if hand waxing? I love this car and unfortunately didn't keep my Chevy SSR's paint in good condition, I did everything wrong. This car I want to do everything right and keep the paint beautiful and shiney.

A couple of weeks ago, I waxed my mother's dark gray metallic E320 with M21 (Professional version of NXT 2.0, in case you didn't know). It looked good and I didn't think much of it. The next day, I topped it with Wolfgang sealant 3.0. Afterwards, I was thinking, "WOW! car looked much better!" Wolfgang definitely gave it the extra subtle reflection that was quite noticeable when compared with M21.

OGauge4Me
05-25-2010, 01:03 PM
For me I use Liquid Souveran on whites and Fuzion on all others. Makes it simple for me.

galaxyraider
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
I have the same question too. We have a silver SUV, a silver convertible and a metallic gray car. I have heard that S100 is great for silver and P21S is great for metallic. Some people from a forum (I don't remember where) have expressed strong dislike for P21S. What would the experts here recommend? Thanks.

Da Fats
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
well i heard that s100 and p21 are just about identical products. I use coli 915 on whites and light color cars and its spectacular. I find natty's red looks great on darks and solids. Max wax is the only thing I've put on metallics at this point and it does bring out the flake but there are probably better options

Chris

Wax Gorilla
05-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I like Natty's Red or Fuzion on Darker Colors - Blacks, Reds and Dark Blues.